21. Hesitiate

I woke up to the smell of something burning. Quickly, I got up, adjusting myself.

"What the fuck is that smell?"

"I was trying to cook breakfast, It's burnt though." Tyler laughed, as he flipped the pan into the trash.

I laughed, sighing. We spent the weekend together, and I decided to stay in his dorm. Everyone else left to go home for the weekend except us.
I couldn't help but trace his back with my eyes; he had his shirt off, with some blue striped pajamas. The thought of being with him made me blush.

"You wanna go out to eat?" He asked, coming over to me. He lunged himself on the bed.

"Yeah. What time is it?"

"11:00 am."

We laughed as his lips lingered on mine. I didn't want to pull away. I kept my hold on him as we both fell back onto the bed, his body on top of me.

"Tyler," I pulled away, hesitating.

"I think I love you." I looked down, my heart fluttering.

Tyler stayed silent. He pulled away, getting up. He didn't make eye contact.

"What's wrong?" I asked, confused.

"I–I don't know." He began to put on his shirt.

"You know you don't have to feel the same right? I'm just letting you know–,"

"Salem," he sighed, "I don't know about this anymore."

I got up, moving closer.

"I was thinking about it last night. After the party. That shit wasn't me. I'm not good for you."

"What the fuck do you mean?"

"You're so smart and bright and i'm just me. I don't want you to think I don't like you, because I do. I just don't want to get too attached. Cus if we do–,"

"T you literally said we could be something. You said fuck them. That we shouldn't give a shit about them. What was that?"

"I was in the fucking moment. I wasn't thinking straight. We can still have a fling, I just don't want to need you. I can feel it happening. You're too good for me."

"A fucking fling? Is that what you thought this was gonna be?"

"Salem, listen–,"

"So you've just been playing around with me this whole time? What the fuck are you really thinking Tyler? Can you just fucking let me know what you're really thinking? For once?"

Tyler sighed, adjusting his shirt. He sat on the bed next to me. I could hear my heart pounding.

"I really like you, Tyler. I never saw these feelings coming, at all. Tell me what's going through your head."

His lips were agape, as if he hesitated on the words he would say.

"That's the problem."

He turned, his lips slowly inching closer to mine.

"I've never felt this way before, Salem."

He breathed into my neck, before leaving small trail of kisses on my neck. I closed my eyes.

"I'm scared of it not panning out well. What if we fuck up? I don't wanna loose you–,"

I pulled his face up and kissed him again. I pulled away, holding his face in my hands. His pink, plump lips were so distracting.

"Will you be my boyfriend, Tyler Okonma?"

I smiled, cutting him off. The corners of his lips turned up, and he nodded.

"I'm scared too," I whispered, letting go, "But we can work it out. I really fucking like you, T."

"I like you more."

He lunged on me, as we laughed, rolling in the bed as his lips kissed every part of me.