Chapter 10

It was cold again.

That was the first thing Raven noticed when she woke.

The fine hairs on her arms were standing at attention and fog puffed out on exhales.

The following was a sharp point positioned at her throat almost piercing the soft tissue.

"D-don't move! O-or I'll kill you!"

The origin of the threat was a small, elegant voice. It didn't sound very threatening and Raven slowly lifted her arms from the ground. Her hands were wide open and moved freely to show her lack of violent attempt.

"I won't hurt you." She croaked. Her throat was as dry as the sand outside the small cave. As she swallowed she could feel the dirt move around in her mouth and a coughing fit wrecked through her body.

"Water..."

"You're not getting any until I know what you want from me! I'm never going back, so you can just leave me alone." Now, this seemed very interesting indeed. What could the girl be running from?

"Water...please!" It was her last attempt as another fit ran a stampede through her tired bones.

Raven was defenseless at the moment. She needed water to survive after the extreme weather she'd been through yesterday, let alone the events.

Flying, laughing, falling...

Angels kidnapping her, giant lizards and flying blue Sahara's.

She closed her eyes imaging cool droplets of water hitting her lips and entering her mouth.

Licking her lips her thick and heavy tongue absorbed the moisture greedily.

Raven lifted her head for more, but none came.

Opening her eyes, she saw the heavy sack perched just above her head.

Swallowing, the grit dug painfully into her tender flesh.

"More?" The stranger asked and Raven nodded.

"Who ordered you to come? Whom do you serve?"

Raven furrowed her eyebrows. Nonsense was what this girl was babbling.

"I don't serve anyone. I am my own person."

"That's ridiculous! You have to belong to someone. No one survives in Heaven without an owner." The girl was suspicious now. The whites of her eyes were larger and her pupils were dilated. "Who are you?"

Raven tried to smile. It didn't work as only the corners of her lips twitches slightly.

"Ravennia Collins at your humble service. It's Raven in short."

"I do not recognize your sire's name. Who fathered you?" The strange female asked pointedly.

Well, this wasn't becoming personal at all.

"Uhm, I don't know. I never met my real parents." It was getting harder to answer the questions without the liquid haven.

The girl seemed to realise the same thing as she placed the canteen at Raven's dry lips and tipped it ever so slightly.

This time, more water rushed into her mouth. With each swallow her mouth was cleansed of dirt and her body became more and more hydrated.

Half the leather bag of water was now empty. The other girl didn't seem to care much though.

Pushing the water away Raven sat up slowly. Seeing as the sharp slice of rock was on the ground there was no immediate danger.

"Where am I?" Raven questioned after the other hadn't said a word in a bit.