Chapter 4 - The Future

...

It was the next morning, the male and I fell asleep cuddling, but when I woke up he wasn't there. I still hadn't gotten his name and he hasn't gotten mine and he was no where to be seen in the cave.

"Male!" I say worriedly down the line.

Then I see him walking into the cave. He had went and brought a deer up the mountain. We both shift into human form. I run up and hug him.

"Why didn't you tell me you were leaving?" I ask him.

"Because I wanted to surprise you." He said as he embraced me harder. "Lets eat." He said.

We both shift and eat the deer. I ate most of it. He mainly sat and watched me with curious eyes.

"What you looking at?" I ask with my mouth full.

"You." He states.

I blush and I finish eating the deer and then I lied down.

"We never got each other's names." He says.

"Mine's Kyra. Yours?" I say.

"Jake." He says.

Then we just look into each others eyes for a minute or two. Then he leans in for a kiss. I kiss him back then break it and speak.

"What's next?" I ask.

"We have to go to the council and show us that we are mates." He says. "Then you will see some medic wolves and they will tell it we were successful, but thats in a few days. For now we just have to go to the council."

    "Ok." I say. "When will we leave?"

    "When I decide too." He says.

    He picks me up and brings me over to the springs. He then sits down and still has me in his arms.

    "Why are you carrying me?" I ask. "I can walk you know."

    "Yes I know you can walk." He states. "And give me a reason why I can't carry you?"

I stayed silent.

"Exactly, So I can pick you up then." He says

"Yes you can." I mumble.

"Why do you seem upset." He asks

"I"m not upset!" I shout. Everything went silent. "Ok maybe I'm a little upset." I say

"Why are you upset?" He asks

"I don't know... I guess I'm just irritable today." I state

"Well then we better get going to the council." He says as he stands up.

I stand up and follow him. We exit the cave and the forest was mucky from the rain.  We both shift and start walking down the mountain. My paws were filthy but Jakes were not much different thanks to his brown pelt. We eventually came up to a big, huge building. You could see pairs of wolves going to the place.

"I'm guessing thats where we are going." I say

"Yep" He says.

We continue our way towards the building under a full moon and enter through the ginormous doors.