The Arrangement. 5

Taylor Finks

The overwhelming joy I felt had me in a daze. The rest of the night I couldn't be bothered with anything. I had the biggest goofiest smile ever and I reveled. Zane kept his arm around me as we mingled. He seemed to have something on his mind once we'd left that room. Once we'd kissed.

In his gaze, as he looked at me, I saw the questions but I couldn't even bother worrying if they would be in my favour.

I hardly slept through the night after the party, too stuck in my head, in that moment when his lips met mine. When he held me tight. Perhaps there was hope, perhaps this mating bond...he could feel it, or at least it was giving him a nudge in the direction that I could only hope to call love one day.

I yawned and stretched with a smile in my bed and turned my head towards the light which had suddenly trickled into my room. My mom beamed at me and I sat up.

"You're on the cover!!" She squealed and handed me the rolled up magazine in her hand. I rolled my eyes with a smile of myself in the arms of Zane. It was a moment after the party, where we were saying goodbye. He had hugged me and while pulling away, held me for a moment to kiss my forehead.

The magazine was Business weekly and the story was about how both our families are about to be more than just business partners and predictions on where both company's were head because of Zane and I getting married soon.

"Mom, seriously." She just jumped around like a fangirl.

"Isn't this great!? Now everyone knows who belongs to you." I flushed and rolled my eyes while going into the bathroom.

"Oh mom," I sighed as she followed. She wiggled her eyebrows.

"So...am I really going to have to ask?" She smirked and I stared at her weirdly, feeling uneasy.

"What are you talking about?" I said through a mouth full of toothpaste.

"Andrea told me she saw the two of you... upstairs... Alone." I blushed and just finished brushing my teeth. "Are you seriously holding out on me!? I'm your mother!" I laughed as she whined.

"Look," I said after ringing my mouth off. "He kissed me.." I said trying to hold back the smile.

"Oh honey!" She gushed and took me into her arms, why was she being so dramatic!? "You know...I had my doubts but..." She pulled away with shining eyes. "Seems this mating bond thing really is strong."

"Doubts?" She nodded and I cupped her cheek, wiping away the tear.

"I thought that you'd be stuck..forever. In a loveless marriage and one day...you'd just," she shrugged and sniffed and I sighed giving her a hug.

"Oh mom." I shook my head and chuckled.

"I'm just happy to know that it'll work out. It has too. I have faith in your charm." She joked and I laughed.

I took my shower then and had breakfast after before I grabbed my keys to drive over to the pack nearby, where a friend of mine lived. As I drove up I was met by their patrol team because wolves in packs do that. I had my car searched before they let me all the way in.

Being that I wasn't part of the pack, but they knew me, they still needed to look after their own which is why I was always searched when I came over to see my friend or join them for their monthly runs together.