The Arrangement. 18

Taylor Gibson-Finks

I stretched my body feeling so relaxed as the sound of my bones popping and the feeling made me feel like liquid. I smiled and slumped onto the bed before opening my eyes. Zane was asleep, his arms loosely around my naked waist.

I sighed and touched his forehead, moving a few strands of red hair. I looked down to see we hadn't made it under the covers and instead were laying naked and our legs were tangled.

I looked back at my handsome mate before my gaze fell down to his neck and my smile dropped. I sat up slowly as I eyes the mark left in the crock or his neck. It was red and had two canine teeth indents that looked healed. I bit my lip knowing that I had messed up.

I moved away from Zane and that's when my panic set in.

What was I going to do? What would I tell him? How could I explain my bizarre behaviour? I knew what this meant, I knew that soon enough I would have to tell him what I am and I would have to deal with the consequences.

I ran into the bathroom as quickly and as quietly as I could before turning on the shower as I felt my eyes prickle with tears.

It was over, he was going to ask me questions and I would have to answer him and it would be tragic because no lie was plausible enough for me to get out of this.

Hmmmm, so warm. I blinked and looked around for the voice. I swallowed once I realized that it was Zane. This is what I was afraid of.

"By marking ones mate, the bond is often strengthened and when it is, when there is genuine love and trust between mates, a link between their minds takes root, allowing them to talk to one another without speaking." I recalled Gavin telling me when I was still trying to come to terms with the fact that not only was I a werewolf but I had a soulmate. He had laughed and ruffled my head and assured me that it was normal, that usually people within a pack could do the same thing, but it had its limits.

Taylor... I heard him think which lead me to getting closer to the door, pressing my ear against it as though it made a difference. I heard his little chuckle in my mind and it made me smile as suddenly images of last night bombarded my brain.

I was seeing myself through Zane's eyes, I could feel the joy in his heart, the absolute adoration and...love. I was melting on the spot. I watched as he marvelled at my expressions of pleasure and I felt his sudden arousal right before the door opened and I jumped.

Zane was staring at me as though he were seeing me for the first time. He walked in then and pulled me into him. We were still naked. He kissed me passionately, his erection digging into my stomach.

"Last night," he gasped pulling away and holding my head so that I couldn't move away. "Let's so it again...and again...and again. Forever." Then he kissed me again and lead me into the running shower, pressing me into the wall.

I couldn't control myself. I had no say and I loved it. I didn't hold back and I couldn't keep my thoughts from entering his. I don't know if he heard me think through out our love making but he didn't hint at it, probably as lost in our hour of pleasure to even realise that I hadn't spoken his name aloud a few times.

Later we were still naked, on the bed as the sun set. We had spent the entire day exploring each others bodies. I took advantage of the fact that he had yet to notice his neck, aside from it being sore and I couldn't bring myself to take the smile of content off his face.