The Arrangement. 15

Taylor Gibson-Finks

Life was perfect. Only two month had passed and I was beyond happy. Zane was honestly the best person in the whole world. Everyday he seemed to surprise me. He was always smiling and positive. It made me wonder just how much he was enjoying being married to me.

Our friendly marriage was perfect.

The two weeks of my heat had been hard. The second week of it had been uncontrollable. I hadn't been able to hold myself back and I nearly jumped Zane if I wasn't able to keep my conscious present. I had avoided him for a while, using work as an excuse or wanting to visit my parents but once it was over, I was glad to find Zane wasn't made or suspicious.

I recalled him asking me if he had done anything wrong.

I was on the bed, in my pajamas and he had just arrived from work. He blinked when he saw me and awkwardly stood by the door which made me frown.

"I have a question," he said like the straight forward guy he was. "Are you mad at me?"

"What? No!" I said and he sighed and walked over.

"Are yo sure? It feels like it." He folded his arms over his chest.

"No, I'm not mad," I told him while staying seated. I pulled him down to sit then and he pouted. "I just missed my mom... I really didn't mean to make you feel like I was mad."

"If you're sure." He said and rubbed his cheek into mine adorably and I smiled.

"I am." He gave a firm nod then and got I to the shower while I made sure to make it up to him. I had spent a few days after that making him break fast and assuring him that we were alright.

Then we went back to our unspoken routine. Every morning he woke much earlier than I, and he would often make breakfast if he felt like it. I usually woke fifteen minutes after him and helped. I'd convinced my dad to let me work mostly from home which gave me time to finish whatever work I had and spent time in the wild.

While Zane was at he office, I would shift and run around the forest surrounding out home. I now knew how far our neighbours were which was actually much farther than I had anticipated which made me realise how expensive this house was.

Anyway, I would usually run, explore and mark my territory before coming home where I either swam first or showered before going to have lunch with Zane. Sometimes I brought him food from home, sometimes his assistant brought us food. It was great. I had even become friends with his assistant who was such a nice person with a girlfriend he wanted to marry soon.

Some days Zane would have off and we would spend it lounging around the house and talking or watching movies or out with friends. He had now been fully acquainted with Gavin and I had gotten to know his best friend, Mina.

Today, I was out on my usual run. Sniffing around at nature and enjoying the freedom. I ran through the forest, dodging trees and running as fast as I could. I slowed after a while and marked my territory by peeing on a few trees around our plot of land.

I was making my way back to my home then and I was in the backyard by our pool when I saw him.

Zane was driving up the drive way, his window down and he was staring right at my wolf. My head raised in shock and fear before I darted into the trees. I listened out of sight and shifted. I nodded and ran for the house then.