The Arrangement. 10

Taylor Finks

I was a complete mess. My friends from high school along with a few wolves from the Howlers Moon pack were around me for my 'bachelor's party'. Gavin had put it together for me and honestly I was touched in the best way.

"Congratulations,pup." Gavin said brining me into his arms and rubbing his cheek on mine. I laughed pushing him away. He growled playfully and thankfully the music was loud enough not to alert the humans around us.

"I can't believe you."

"What? It's the least I could do," he lead me through the crowd. "You're getting married! To your mate!" He ordered some drinks and the merriment began.

I drank and danced and I laughed. Everything was great. The alcohol took it's time but soon I was slightly buzzed. I stopped drinking once that happened because anymore and I would be too drunk to stand.

I slumped into a nearby booth and cheering greeted me.

"The future Mr. Gibson!" Someone I didn't recognise said and I laughed.

"Or is it Gibson-Finks."

"Shut up," I told them and took a bottle of water from Gavin who had came towards me.

"I still can't believe that you were lucky enough to get Zane freaking Gibson." A girl slurred as she stumbled into our booth. "I could have sworn he was gay." I pursed my lips feeling uncomfortable as I finished the water. "I mean, he slept with me for crying out loud." I choked on water and stared at the girl.

"Then you must have turned him gay." The rest of the people near us laughed but all I could think about was testing the girl into pieces. Gavin grabbed me and that's when I noticed that my eyes had darkened and my canines were showing.

"Calm down," Gavin ordered pushing me into the bathroom. I growled and he pressed me into the wall. "Taylor, breathe." He said commanding. I felt myself take deep breaths. His command weighing heavily on my mind.

Even though I wasn't a part of his pack, I was still a wolf. He affected me so strongly because I trusted him, saw him as family. Mostly, Beta's or Alpha would still affect me but I didn't have to listen if I didn't want to, I would be able to fight their command off, I just didn't because I don't want a fight, especially when I knew I would lose.

Anyway, my heart slowed as I took deep breaths and closed my eyes. Gavin let me go then and we locked eyes.

"You okay?" I nodded and sighed.

"I didn't think I'd be so..." I crossed my arms over my chest. In all honesty, I knew Zane wasn't a virgin. I had no problem with it, but somehow, knowing whom he had once been with didn't sit well with me. The girl was so arrogant and drunk as she slurred her words which I caught clearly. Her implied accusations were what got to me along with the fact that it didn't seem plausible for someone like Zane to end up with someone like me.

I walked over to the sink and I splashed water onto my face.

"It's okay, Taylor." Gavin rubbed my back. "It's normal. He's your mate...thoughts of him being with anyone but you...they can even kill." I stood straighter and looked over to my best friend.