Shooting starts

Tick-tack.

Minutes like hours.

Tick-tack.

Kyle was walking up and down the corridor in the hospital, he was biting his fingers tightly as he still didn't know what was happening.

'Why did she do that.....'

He bit his lip tightly, trying not to cry and be strong till the doctors come and say everything is alright.

Tick-tack.

The minutes were longer.

Tick-tack.

It leaned into hours.

Tick-tack.

-memory-

-"Hey Kyle, lets make a promise alright?"

-"Uhm... What promise Melody?"

-"You said you like my smile, I'll keep smiling as long as you don't kill yourself and keep fighting, for me."

He rubbed the back of his neck a bit softly and hid his cuts even if he knew she knew about them already or just felt it from the atmosphere.

-"Alright, I know you won't leave me alone till I accept it so fine. I won't kill myself if you keep up your bright smile."

-"Thank you Kyle!"

She hugged the boy tightly and laid a soft kiss on his cheek, smiling very brightly as he agreed.

-"No worries Mel, heh..."

—-

-"Hey Kyle, do you believe in heaven and hell?"

-"I'm not sure if they exist but if they do I'm sure you'll go to heaven."

The girl looked at the boy with a smile and tilted head questioningly.

-"Why do you think so?"

-"Because you're amazing, helping others and doing everything for them... I'm not."

-"Of course you are silly! You accept the help and try to get better, it's really great and awesome as well, more than what I do."

He smiled to himself.
-"You're seriously an angel."

-"And so are you, you are just challenged by the life."

-"What do you mean?"

-"Angels are usually sent to the Earth to challenge them how much they can bear, they're getting the worst."

-"My mom said exactly the same thing."

-"Your mother must've been very smart!"

-"Yes she was...."

-"And you're her angel."

—-

-"Melody look!"

The boy pointed at a swing and she ran there with him.

-"Awesome! But it's just one, you go first!"

-"Nah, ladies first~"

-"Oh what a gentleman~"

—-

-"Kyle........"

-"What is it Melody?"

-"I....I'm afraid...."