Chapter 6

LANCE

Keith returned with bandages, water bottles and canned fruit. He handed me a bottle and a can, and sat beside me on the sofa.

"Without sounding all mushy, thanks." He grumbled.

I grinned.

"I'm awesome. I know." I elbowed him and his scowl turned into a small smirk.

"Alright turn around." He twirled his finger in the air.

I faced away from him as he began wrapping gauze around my wounds. I didn't think they were too bad, but Keith insisted.

"Hey Keith?" I spoke quietly breaking the silence.

He hummed in response. His warm fingers gently brushed against my skin as he wrapped me up.

"What was it like out there on your own?" My soft words were barely audible.

"It was lonely. I spent a lot of time mapping out the area around me just to keep myself busy while I waited for Shiro to come back. When he didn't I decided I'd go find him. I don't mind being alone. I think I work best alone, but being around you guys isn't so bad." Keith snorted.

He tapped my shoulder indicating me to turn. I bit back a flirty remark seeing the blush on his cheeks as he stared at my bare chest.

I blushed myself as his hands floated above my skin wrapping it tenderly with gauze.

His hand skimmed over my heart and without my permission my fingers closed around his wrist.

His hand stopped over my heart. Blue orbs met deep violet. The air around us thickened with a tension I had never quite felt before.

"I for one am glad you are with us Keith." My voice was low and rough.

"Me too." His voice was barely audible as we leaned closer together. My eyes closed on their own accord.

Our lips brushed together softly and briefly.

Keith nearly jumped off of the couch embarrassed.

"I- I'm gonna go do a perimeter check." He hurried away his face redder than the plaid shirt he wore.

I pressed my fingertips against my lips smiling like a doofus.

His lips are a little chapped but I didn't expect them to be so full.

Though the kiss was brief, Keith's supple lips had molded to mine and I only wanted more.

I threw myself back onto the sofa cushions with a groan.

I draped my arm over my eyes and blew a long raspberry.

I couldn't stop thinking about our kiss.

Am I falling for Keith?

I mean he's cool, he's a good leader, and he protects us. He's a little rough around the edges, but- his voice soothes me.

Just him being a round makes me feel more confident. His laugh is infectious. His eyes capti-

Oh no, I am falling for Keith.

I jolted upright as I heard a door close. Grabbing my blade from the floor I looked up to see Keith's silhouette leaning against the counter in the kitchen.

I rose putting down my blade and grabbed the water bottles from the floor and approached cautiously.

"Hey you okay? Did something happen?" I asked warily.