Chapter 19

ADAM

I was pleased the surgury had gone well. Lance was now recovering with Allura, Veronica and Pidge by his side.

Rubbing the back of my neck I tossed my t-shirt on my bed and sighed heavily.

I'm glad we have Matt and Pidge back. With electricity we can maybe make a new life for ourselves.

The thought of living on tugged at a piece of my heart.

Shiro.

I had been in love with Shiro since we were cadets at Garrison. He was cool, confident, and adorable.

Should have told him how I felt when I had the chance.

The bed creaked under my sudden weight as I plopped onto the edge.

"Knock, knock." I glanced up to see Matt lingering in my doorway.

"Oh, hello Matt." I murmured sitting straighter.

"Lance is awake. He was asking about you." Matt stepped further into the room. I nodded tugging my shirt over my head.

A sad look crossed Matt's features as he stared at my movement. He had a scar running along his cheek, and his nose was slightly crooked from being broken, but his bruises were finally healing.

"Do you know any information about Shiro?" I asked so suddenly I surprised myself.

Matt shook his head.

"No. I was alone just like you. Keith was my first cellmate." Matt frowned.

I nodded in understanding.

"Still in love with him eh?" Matt smirked.

"Wh-wha? H-How did-" I sputtered sitting back on my bed. My cheeks turned bright pink.

Matt laughed at that.

"I was both your student and his. It was obvious." He smiled.

"I never told him." I murmured staring at a spot on my floor.

"You will get the chance. I have faith. If I lost faith I would have died in that cell. Don't lose faith just yet Adam." Matt smiled sweetly before leaving me.

He's right. I can't lose faith.

Rising I headed toward the infirmary. On my way there I bumped into Hunk. He looked as though he had seen a ghost.

"Are you okay?" I asked the shaking boy.

"So I was on the rooftops tending to the vegetation and garden, you had so cleverly began to grow, when in the distance I heard a loud explosion, and I looked up and there it was. Fire and more explosions. I'm not kidding it was like movie quality explosions." Hunk exclaimed.

I felt my eyes widen in surprise.

"Do you think it was Griffin? Or maybe the Empire?" Hunk quivered.

I placed my hand on his shoulder.

"Let's tell the others. It's time we devise a plan and serve it into motion." I spoke confidently though inside I was a nervous wreck.

I can't lose faith.

GRIFFIN

The car wash was in my sights. Wiping sweat from my brow I stood atop a hill deciding my best course of action.

I was exhausted, mentally and physically.

I shook my head.

I have to stay strong.