[31] - My Bold Spaceling

The hot water cascaded down Juliana's body, pooling on the shower tiles below her before flowing down the drain. She had finished showering minutes ago, and now simply stood under the flow of the shower head, thinking.

She had been thinking a lot today. Mostly about a certain astronomy loving tattoo artist.

And also, mostly about a tattoo. The tattoo he had given her. She wanted it. Permanent.

She had never been crazy about getting a tattoo. If she got one she would want it to have a meaning. At first, the temporary tattoo that Wren had given her when they met for the second time was just pretty. Very pretty. Now, it symbolized much more.

Jules now believed that tattoos can gain a meaning. For the tattoo that Wren designed, it represented love and growth and change. Love because she loved Wren too much to put into words. Growth because being around him has helped her grow as a person and come out of the shell she had been hidden in before him. And lastly, change because he had helped her with the worst problem in her life. Her insomnia.

Wren was working late tonight at the tattoo parlor, so he wouldn't be home until around 10. It was currently half past 6, and Jules was seriously thinking about rushing down to the tattoo place and surprising him with her request.

Biting her lip, she shut off the water and wrapped herself in a towel.

It took her a total of seven minutes to put lotion on, get dressed, and messily do her hair. After that she was out the door and throwing open the door to her car.

Her stomach filled with butterflies as she got closer to the tattoo shop. When she parked, she took a second to breathe. It would only be a matter of seconds until Wren saw her car in the lot. Her car was only one of three, the other two being Wren's and Wes'.

Sure enough, when Jules got out of the car and got close enough to see through the windows of the shop, Wren was looking at her in confusion.

A cute confused grin grew on Wren's lips. "Spaceling? What are you doing here?"

Some of her nerves were muddled by his presence. "Not happy to see me?"

Wren rolled his eyes. "You got that right."

A grin grew on her face. "I want to ask you something."

"Shoot."

Jules pulled out her phone, pulling up a picture of the fake tattoo he had done on her arm.

"Can you do this?"

He looked shocked to say the least. It took him a couple seconds before a grin appeared on his face. "I never pegged you for one who wants a tattoo."

She shrugged. "People change."

"It's gonna hurt."

"I can squeeze your hand until it breaks."

"Hm...okay. Follow me, my bold spaceling."

My.

Jules' heart fluttered.