Daniel and Sean

"What pack are you from? I can only smell human." I asked the boy kneeling on the ground playing with Leah's pups.

He looked up at me confused but before he could answer Noah shouted over him. "Sean?! What are you doing here?"

"Sorry Daniel, I'll just show him out immediately. Someone must have left the front door unlocked." I growled as Noah reached for my mate. He couldn't kick my mate out of the pack house.

Suddenly Oliver was beside me whispering. "He's human alpha. He's one of Noah's friends. Probably just looking for him. We'll make sure it doesn't happen again.

"That's my mate." 

Oliver's eyes widened and he gave Noah a look. Noah seemed to understand it and let go of my mates arm and backed up a few steps. He looked from me to the boy and sighed.

Taking a deep breath he addressed his friend. "Sean this is Daniel, Daniel this is Sean. He's a werewolf, I'm a werewolf, Oliver is a werewolf. Everyone in this room right now is a werewolf and you are apparently Alpha Daniel's mate. Come on Oliver."

The paragraph was rushed as if he was hoping his friend wouldn't actually catch any of it. Noah left with his mate and the rest of the room sat in an awkward silence for just a moment, then as if they suddenly remembered they all had somewhere to be the room was cleared out.

"What's going on?" My mate asked confused.

I hadn't anticipated having to explain my being to a human. Noah probably hadn't either, that explains his poor little speech. But what could I add to it that would make this boy listen and not be terrified and run out of the room screaming?

I'm going to kill Noah when I see him. Couldn't believe the little shit left me to explain.

"It's just like Noah had explained. We are wolves."

Sean looked at me quizzically. "Ok... Why didn't Noah tell me all this before? We've been friends for years."

"He couldn't. But now that you're my mate it kind of has to come out." I know I wasn't exactly giving him much information but I didn't want to tell him things he didn't need to know right away. If he asked I wouldn't lie though.

"That lady that was here with the puppies... Those were her kids?" He asked seeming a bit bewildered.

I nodded.

"And What Noah said about 'mates'? Like animals mate... Is it like that? Is Oliver Noah's mate?" He seemed to be getting a little less dazed with each question.

I nodded again.

"Why do I suddenly get to know what you guys are?" Sean looked up at me with his lost brown eyes wanting to hear it.

"You are my mate." I shrugged.

"Like you want to have kids with me?" Sean shuffled back a bit and finally stood as if to protect himself from me.

I didn't like that and took two steps closer. "Don't run from me mate"

My order had the opposite effect as Sean bolted for the door. I wasn't going to let him go that easy and pounced knocking him down as gently as possible while wrapping him in my arms and landing on my back.

"I told you not to run."