Chapter Two: The Race

The challenge is to find three keys, but in five years, not a single person has gotten even one. With the big scoreboard entirely empty. The first gunter (aka egg hunter) got the first clue and had figured out the first challenge. Once they did, a portal appeared. 

But the challenge to win the first key was a race designed by Alfor himself, that was so hard, nobody had ever finished it. The only ones still trying are the gunters, like Blue, Paladin, Rover and Chef. And of course, the soldiers.

The soldiers work for Galra "Empire". They're the second largest company in the world, with their desires of becoming the first. Which is why they're putting everything that they can into Alfor's contest. They call them the soldiers, because of two reasons. One being that they act like soldiers. Two being that the company rule was no name, just numbers. Galra also has a support team made up of entirely Alfor scholars (or fans might someone say). Just like Blue or any gunter, they spend all their time studying the pop culture that Alfor was obsessed with, to try and find clues to solve this contest. 

But they're just following the orders of the head of Galra.....Zarkon. He had a last name, but he had gotten rid of it to seem more intimidating. 

"How'd you get here before me?" Blue asked Chef once he reached the front, close to where the starting line was.

"Well, I didn't make a stop at the hair salon," Chef teased. "Seriously dude, just pick a color already."

With a smile and a handshake, the two best friends greeted one another. 

"Saved you a spot." Blue thanked him, but when he took a look at his fuel, it meant that he had to go to the back. 

"Going back there to skim coins from crashed cars?" Hunk raised his eyebrow. "That's just sad bro!"

"Fuel's low!" Blue yelled back at him.

"Oh, but you still had enough to pay for the dye!"

As Blue walked to the back, he had readied his vehicle. Once getting to an empty spot, he threw it down onto it. As it enlarged and built itself up, it was revealed to be Slushious from "Home". It was surprising that it wasn't taken, but Blue was glad for that. With a small smirk, he got in and readied his engine. What he hadn't expected was for someone to pull up beside him on a hovercraft, wearing purple and black armor. The armor included a hood and a protective mask that hid the avatar's entire face. It had Blue intrigued, as this avatar looked familiar to him. 

Just as the race was about to begin, the city rearranged itself and a bridge was built automatically and landed on the starting line. 

"First to the key!" Blue shouted at the yellow light.

"First to the egg!" Chef shouted back a few seconds later. 

And once the light went green, the dangerous race began. Not even a minute in, cars had already started to crash, since the track was pretty covered with plenty of cars. The purple armor avatar sped through quickly on their hovercraft, as it went by Blue and his car. Chef managed to cut through many different cars that had crashed, getting him further into the race. 

Purple armor person kept managing to survive as they go the much more dangerous directions, going through them as if it's so simple. When they were right by Blue, it suddenly hit him why this avatar was so familiar to him. 

"Chef, are you seeing this?" Blue asks through the mike.

"Yeah, I see it," Chef got a closer look at the hovercraft they were riding. "That's the hovercraft from that weird show where five robotic lions form a giant robot."

"Hey! It's not a weird show! It happens to be an interesting cartoon with great animation!" Blue yelled, offended at his friend calling his favorite cartoon weird. "But not the hovercraft! Forget the hovercraft!"