Chapter Nine: Voltron

Zarkon receives an alert that now H4des was at the top of the scoreboard, it wasn't exactly looking good for the Empire at all. And the Alfor enthusiasts had managed to crack what the next challenge was. A lot of the people playing for the Galra ended up traumatized in the process, and some even quit their jobs after that. 

Next up, BlueL1on got the Jade Key, which caused the businessman's eyes to widen. Lance was supposed to be dead why is he still playing!

Later on with Honerva, she was looking for people who could possibly know where Lance was, but she found footage of him walking around still. The news, obviously, didn't please Zarkon at all. When the hubby is annoyed, the wife wasn't happy either. But luckily, one of her druids managed to track down something. Someone on a piece of footage with a long braid that swirled over his shoulder was walking behind Lance. This caused Honerva's lips to form an evil smirk. "Run him through our database, every Galra drone in Columbus. Find him." This sent the druids to go immediately off to work, sending out all the drones.

One drone manages to find him, because even though he wanted a disguise of some sort, Keith had assured Kolivan that he didn't need it. He was sent out to the market because they needed more supplies and normally Keith would do it, but he and Lance were trying to figure out the Jade Key's clue. 

Lance groans of frustration while Keith keeps reading over the clue. "Keith, you need to sleep, we've been at this for hours. The contest is important to me too, but it's not worth your health. You need to keep that pretty face pretty." The one with the mullet glared and rolled his eyes. 

"Lance," Keith puts his hand on top of the tan boy's. "You understand Alfor, more than you want to express to me. It's exactly why I think you'll win." Keith gives him a soft smile, which causes Lance's heart to stop.

What gave this mullethead the right to be so cute!

"You really think I'm gonna win?" Lance asks. Not even a minute later, glass is heard shattering behind them. 

The two boys turned around to see Galra drones bursting through, and the Blades getting away from the windows. Parts of the Galra forces come through the doors and Keith grabs Lance, rushing out of there. After all, Zarkon was after Blue, not H4des. They keep getting stopped, but the slightly shorter boy managed to lock the door before they could follow them one last time. 

Keith shows Lance to a secret exit that leads to an alley behind the building. "Keith, come on!" Lance encouraged him to follow him. But the jet-haired teen only smiled. 

"The OASIS needs you Lance, I'll be sure to buy you some time." Before Lance could even object, Keith locks the door and takes out his personal Marmora blade that his mom had given him. "You'll forgive me for this, I promise." He sets his hand on the door for a moment, afterwards, he quickly sent texts to some friends when the Galra broke the door. Keith headed straight for them, giving quite a fight before they knocked the knife out of his hands, two of them holding onto him to make sure he doesn't take off. 

"Let me go you evil bastards!" Keith yelled and kicked, before coming face to face with Honerva.

"Keith Akira Kogane," She snarled. "The Galra Empire has purchased and consolidated all of your outstanding debt, currently in excess of 23,000 credits. You will be remande to the nearest loyalty center until your debt is paid in full, including any interest, processing, or late fees you incur henceforth." He continued to struggle from the mens' grasp, but suddenly stopped, remembering that Lance was still out there.

He had to protect him in some way. 

Meanwhile in the alleyway, Lance made sure to stay very hidden since he could hear the force looking for him. He came out from behind the dumpster and he didn't get very far before someone pulled him to the side. Lance almost screamed, but this person covered his mouth before he could. "First to the key?"