Chapter Twelve: First to the Key,

Now that Keith was out, there were only two members of Voltron standing. Even though Blue and Rover were taking down soliders pretty easily, they were still heavily surrounded. But the avatar wearing the Blue Paladin armor gets a bright idea and looks through the inventory. He finds the hand grenade and the shorter avatar's eyes widened.

"When the hell did you get that!" She whispered jealously.

"It cost a lot less then it's gonna cost them." Blue smirked as he pulled the top and threw it towards all the Soliders behind them. He covered his friend as they heard the loud explosion behind them, which took out not only the Galra, but most the portals in the castle. The two Gunters came out and ran towards the room where the third challenge was. 

Careful as to not slip, Rover and Blue look down at the Soldier who was still going. Just as the Olkari avatar was about to kill him with her bayard, the Altean stopped him. Even though they had won, the ice still broke. The taller one smiled, he knew something that the Galra didn't. 

"It's not about winning, it's about-"

"About playing the game! Of course, Adventure has the first Easter egg of all games in history so what you have to do is-"

"The keys are invisible and they're hidden in a dark room at a center of a maze. So, you find the secret of Adventure by wandering around in a dark room, until you get to the invisible dot," He explains as he plays around with the controller. "It's pretty easy when you know what you're doing." Blue looks over his shoulder and sees Rover being held captive by SendAk's new arm as well as Zarkon standing right beside him. 

Blue glares at the Galra employees. "If it's so easy, let me finish it for you." 

"First of all, I don't think so, second of all, let her go!" He barked angrily. 

Zarkon chuckled wickedly, leaving only an evil smirk. "This is your last chance, Lance. Last chance, give me the key, and I'll let her go. As well as put 50 million into your account right now." 

Rover continued to grunt, trying to get out of SendAk's grasp. "Dummy, don't listen to him, don't give him the-" The furry avatar covers her mouth firmly. 

Blue glares right up at Zarkon, who was standing two feet away from him. "Rover maybe my friend, and I care about her a lot, but I'll never give into a corporate asshole like you." The smirk on the businessman's face faded and SendAk handed over a small weapon. And the Gunters both knew what it was. The Cataclyst, the weapon that kill every single avatar in the entire OASIS and none of them can regenerate. 

"Personally, I don't even care, I'd just never set foot in the OASIS again, let alone have to deal with any of this absurdity. But I know how important Alfor's contest is to you, so?"

The Altean avatar stepped right in front of Zarkon. 

"I will never let the future of the OASIS rest in your hands, Zarkon Asshole." He spoke very confidently. 

"Fine, it's your choice Paladin, this all ends in three easy steps, 1." Zarkon held up the Cataclyst, which caught SendAk's attention. 

"With all due respect milord, I thought you were bluffing!" He still held Rover close, who was trying to break his arm yet again. "You know that kills all of us and I've got ten years worth of shit inside me!" 

Zarkon ignored him. "Last chance, 2." He pulls the ends apart, showing the glowing death orb. "I am not going that easily Emperor! You don't even know how to activate an orb."

Right as the boss was going to shut him up, Blue kicks the Cataclyst out of Zarkon's hands. This leads to a fist fight between the teen and businessman while Rover finally gets free of SendAk's arms, him taking after the furry avatar as he tried to run off. Zarkon holds Blue against the ice, where Lance could actually feel that.

"I felt that, yeah," Blue run his hand through his hair casually. "But this is my world, Zarkon." The moment he says that, he actually becomes something like a ninja, taking him down in a way he really couldn't in the real world. It wasn't until the teen avatar kicked him in the place where the sun don't shine, that he had fallen against the ice very hard. Where he had landed however, was right next to the ready explosive weapon. He places a hand on both sides and pushes it together, before Blue could even stop him.

The explosion took out everyone. The people on the battlefield, SendAk, the Gunters, and Zarkon himself. All the screams could be heard from the War Room and the contest scoreboard completely cleared. 

Two of Zarkon's assistants walked in on their employer being in obvious pain because of the suit, despite how embarassing it was. He pulled off that piece of the bodysuit and smiled in amusement of the blank scoreboard. 

But what he didn't know, was that Blue was still in the castle, completely alone and completely confused. Matt, Shiro and the gremlin looked back at him and Pidge stood in front of Lance and her eyes widened. "Guys, he's still alive!" 

Blue fished his hand into his pocket and found the quarter that the Curator had given to him some time ago, flipping it over, it read "Extra Life". He smiled and tossed the quarter into the air. 

BlueL1on had showed up again on the scoreboard and Zarkon was confused, he's not supposed to still be alive!

The Altean avatar puts the game into the console and just as he does, a livestream begins, showing up onto every single OASIS channel. It was theorized that Alfor must've programmed it to do that, because that's something he would do. 

Keith however, was completely unaware of all this, considering he had made a stop to get different clothes, as well as he was still trying to find where all his friends were. What he didn't know was that his friends actually spotted him. "Is that him?" Hunk asked Shiro, who sat beside him in the first seat.

"Mullet and wearing all black? That's him alright." Matt chuckled and they pulled the van over. Keith was confused for a second, but once he saw his old friend, his face lit up.

They grasped hands before pulling each other into a hug as a sweet yet simple reunion. Shiro lets his little brother on first, where he finally meets Hunk. "Nice to finally meet you, Chef." Keith sent a smirk when he noticed Lance in the back, the only one with the OASIS goggles still on. 

"I heard the Cataclyst went out, how are you still playing!" Keith stands directly in front of him.

"Extra life, long story, sorry I shot you, Mullet." Lance says quickly, and smiles fondly, glad that his friend was okay. The pale boy smiles back as well, when he finally notices his other friends, whom he hasn't seen in person in a few years.

Matt waves to his friend and Pidge just grimaces. "Hey nerds," He whispers the next part. "Thanks for looking after Lance while I couldn't." Keith tries to go in for a hug with them both, but Pidge ducks out of it, but the brother returns the hug. 

Shiro gave the three of them a sign to hold onto something, Hunk driving off very quickly. They were still on the run and they knew that Honerva was still looking for Lance. The big guy was unfortunately aware that her drones were tailing them so had to make the van go a lot faster than he normally would ever. 

Honerva got an alert and when she took a look at her screen, the drone's camera caught a match of Hunk's van. She had finally found them. And with that, she called her husband and he immediately picked up. "Tell me something good, Honerva."

"I've got a look on the van and my drones are tailing them now," She spoke while still watching the camera.

"Send me the coordinates." She wasn't going to lie, she did not expect that answer. 

Honerva took a deep breath to not overreact to the situation. "Honey, it might be best to just leave this to me." Not long after she said that, the line disconnects. Honerva thinks the line just went dead, but Zarkon had actually hung up.

The "emperor" went out to where all the Galra's vans were and told the person inside the closest one to get out and since he was the owner of the company, he complied. Zarkon got into the driver's seat and spotted the gun on the employee's hip. "Give me the gun." He commanded and the employee immediately handed it to him.