Chapter 8

John and the other mystery guy (I still haven't figured out who he was) got there guns ready.

They fired.

I could hear the loud bang of the guns firing.

Then the bullet hit, and sunk right in.

That was the end..........

-

-

......For the hay figures we had made quickly, anyways. That's right Harry and I had a few extra minutes before they came into the barn, so we used our time wisely to make some hay figures that would look like us from the silhouettes. When they came in we jumped out of a window on the top floor.

Harry grabbed my hand and started to run. "We have to at least make it to the woods," He whispered as we ran.

We heard some yells come from the barn, probably of anger because it wasn't us.

We continued to ran as fast as we could towards the woods in the opposite direction of the van.

The edge of the woods seemed so close, like I could just reach out and grab it. In reality, it was maybe a mile away. 

I was starting to lose my breath about half way there.

"Ha-harry I need to st-stop," I breathed out slowing down a bit.

Then I heard the van's engine start up in the distance. That made me run like Usian Bolt. I swear I even ran that fast because Harry was trailing behind as I dragged him along.

We made it to the forest,but I continued to run. I didn't want to risk it.

We ran deeper into the woods and I slowed down as my running spree started to wear off.

Have you ever been so tired that when your energy wears off you just collapse?

That's what happened to me. I just collapsed, and my eyes stayed open long enough to see Harry collapse beside me. My eyes started to flutter shut. 

************************************************

The sun was peaking through the trees and slightly warming up my face and the rest of my body. My ears were beginning to recognize where I was. The familiar song of the birds and the russeling of the wind going between all the fresh leaves. My nose was ajusting at the same time to the fresh woods smell.

Eventually my eyes flicked open. They tried to focus on the blinding light around and the bright  greens. There were two images of everything at first, my eyes got into focus and I could see.

I pulled a leaf of of my face that had been stuck to it since I was laying on my stomach. I sat up using my hands first.

I looked to where Harry had been and he was no where around.

I quickly stood up and looked around.

"HARRY!" I tried my best to scream, but my throat was so dry I could barely even talk.

I started to smell some kind of fire somewhere. I decided to follow the scent and hope it leads to someone.

I grabbed branches and pulled them out of my way as I followed the scent.

I found the fire that was causing the strong scent. It had rocks around it and a log beside it. On the other side of the log there was someone who was knocked out it looked like. I ran over to them and flipped them over since they had their hoody up.

I laughed to myself. It was Harry. He had fallen asleep here. I realized it wasn't that far from where we had fallen asleep. Maybe 20 feet or so. I lifted him up the best I could and got him on the log. No offense to Harry, but he was quite heavy for me. He was full of muscle that's why.