Chapter 15

ATTENTION READERS! PLEASE HELP!

So I'm starting to make the Liam Payne love story!!!

I just need a name :/ The girl has bright red hair and hazel eyes. I was thinking Maggie or Charlotte. But what do YOU guys think?

I'm sorry I can't use anyones name so please don't say your own name.

Then in the next chapter once I get all the names, I'll need everyone to vote for a name besides the one they submitted. The name with the most votes shall be her name.

I hope you'll like it, it's called: A Good Kind Of Different

-

-

-

-

-----

-

-

-

"M-mother?" I asked. I was very befuddled. I didn't understand. I thought once she was out of the hospital, she'd call me. Did she not want me?

"Yes, Avery...it's me," She smiled and slowly approached me.

I was nervous. Something didn't seem right...

"Mom, y-your out of the hospital?" I whispered to her once she finally got to me.

"I was going to call you, but Aunt Evie said you were really getting on with the boys. I thought you were more happy there, so I let you stay.....and I didn't want to ruin that happiness," She sighed.

She looked as if she were about to cry, so I pulled her into a hug, "Why would you make my happiness go away?" I lifted her out of the hug to look at me. She was crying. Tear after tear fled down her face.

"The-the doctors found out I have C-cancer!" She cried into me going back into the hug, "And I-I could e-either go th-through surgery that has a t-ten percent ch-chance of working, o-or to l-live my time," She stuttered.

She has cancer.

My mom has cancer.

The only person who has for sure ever loved me in my life...has cancer.

She only has a little time left, and I was gone during that time.

Have you ever loved someone, and taken them for granite? I've put my mother in that place, I thought she'd be there forever. Now, point of view on that has changed.

She's the only person that I know FOR SURE loves me. My nurturer, my protector, my sister, my best friend, my story teller, my singer, my one and only, my everything, my mother. She was...no IS...my everything. Now that can all disappear at any time. One snap of the finger and she could be gone.

I cried. I didn't have a response. I can't tell her everything will be okay because IT WON'T. I can't lie to her, anyways she already knows everything isn't okay. She looks a lot more pale from the last time I saw her, a lot, her hair color has faded a bit, too.

But, why is she in Baltimore?

"Mom? Why are you here? In Baltimore?" I lifted her off of my shoulder again so she could look at me.

"The hospital here is more advanced, and I am taking the sixty percent chance that they have for the surgery here," She said seriously.

"Why? Why take the risk?" The tears were starting to swell into my eyes.