Chapter 21 Say that again, but this time without talking.

"I think I'm in love with Aaron." Alyssa says out of the blue. It's Wednesday night and we're at my dad's house drinking hot chocolate in the kitchen.

Wednesday night is still family fun night but it was cancled due to Lola throwing such a huge tantrum that it took both dad and Terri to calm her down. They're still actually in Lola's bedroom trying to stop all her crying.

I had just taken a drink of hot chocolate when Alyssa said that, and ended up burning my lip out of surprise. "Um what do you mean by 'in love' exactly?" I asked while rubbing my mouth.

She rolls her eyes. "Come on, you know what I'm talking about, I'm in love it's finally happened!" She said happily. We stared at eachother. I honestly didn't quite know what to think of this information. Alyssa couldn't actually be in love with Aaron.

I mean...They've barely dated. Plus she always goes on about boys she supposedly loves. There was Trevor, a guy in our freshman year named Dennis, some guy we met at the mall once. The list goes on and on.

"Will you just talk already, I can tell you want to say something skeptical." She said. I smiled a little. She knew me. "Well obviously I'm skeptical, this isn't the first time you've been in love now is it?" I asked.

"Remember dear Lance Bass?" She cringed. Alyssa used to be absolutely obsessed with Lance from Nsync. When he came out of the closet it turned her world upside down.

"I thought we agreed to never mention any of that ever again." She said. "Sorry." I replied, grinning. "That dosen't count though, he was in a band, I was just a fan." She said dismissively. "Crazy fan." I mumbled.

She ignored me. "Okay, how about Trevor? Dennis? Or-" "Fine! I can over exaggerate about love sometimes, I get it!" She said. I nodded, satisfied. "But not this time, not with Aaron, it's totally different." She insisted.

"How so?" I asked. She thought about it for a moment. "Whenever we're together it just feels...I don't know, right. I can be myself with him. Like that's the way it should be. You ever feel that way with Scott?" She asked. I didn't answer.

She had just described that way I feel when I'm with Aaron. Sigh. "Anyways, since I love him, I've decided that he's going to be the one I give myself to." She said. "Uh, give yourself?" I asked hesitantly.

"Chloe, he's going to be the first guy I make love to." She said quietly then looked away blushing. I was right. I stared at the table, mind racing.

Alyssa wanted to sleep with my Aaron, ugh, he's not mine. I can't believe I just thought that. "'Lyss, I don't know about this..." She looked back at me, eyes narrowed slightly.

"And why not?" She demanded. I hated her tone but I didn't want to fight with her. "I don't want you to get hurt." I said. That wasn't true of course. I seriously doubted that Aaron would hurt her, or anyone for that matter.

The fact of the matter is, if they sleep together, both willing and happy to do so. I wouldn't be able to look at either one of them the same again. I'm selfish. Alyssa has been my friend for years, she's like apart of my family. If she were to follow through with this, I don't think our relationship would make it.

If Aaron...Oh I can't even bare to think about it any more. The way I'm feeling right now, that can't be from just having a crush on him, can it? Does Aaron really mean so much to me?

"Lyss...What you want to do, I, I think you should rethink it." I said. My voice sounded shaky. She sighed. "Yeah I figured that would be your response, but I'm sorry Chloe. My mind is made up. If I get hurt-" She shrugged.

"Then I get hurt, it's a chance I'm willing to take." She said. She took a long drink of hot chocolate. "When are you going to do it?" I asked. I felt numb.

"Saturday, I have it all planned out." She said. Huh... I glanced up at the calendar on the wall above the sink. Saturday was the tenth. If I wasn't so numb I would have laughed.

What a coincidence that she picked the same day I had to lose her virginity. "Does Aaron know?" I asked, but already knew the answer. She shook her head. "No, It's going to be a surprise, it's not like he'll say no, what boy would?" She said and gave a slight chuckle.

That was true. What guy would say no to that? This sucked. It hurt a lot too. We spent another half hour talking. I wasn't invested in the least in our conversation. I was too busy coming up with my own plans to stop her. Too busy plotting against my best friend. Sigh.