Chapter 10 - Are You Sure?

It's been four weeks since the fire and Phillip's burns have fully healed and with the 10% revenue he was getting for every show, we managed to buy a circus tent! The shows are even bigger and better than in the museum.

I'm changing into my costume when a wave of sickness hits me like a brick wall. I have to puke. I rush to the toilets and puke my guts up.

"I'm sorry Adi but I'm afraid I have to take you off today's show." Barnum sighs.

"No. Sir I'll be fine! I have to be out there, performing."

"No Adi. You need to be in hospital. Be careful. Please." and with that he walks away.

I walk out sighing and Phil grabs my hand and leads me to his coach. After a few minutes the massive sign at the hospital's entrance looms into view.

ACCIDENT AND EMERGENCY CLINIC it reads.

Phillip leads me to the desk. "Miss Poole here to see Nurse Maddens. " the receptionist nods and leads us to a room.

NURSE E. MADDENS- MIDWIFE. The sign on the door says. Midwife?

I sit down and she reads through my symptoms.

Adi Poole--reported symptoms
Nausea, expecially during the morning.
Unusual food habits/ cravings.
Unusual thirst.
Needing to go to the toilet more.

"Were going to need you to supply an urine sample so we can run a few tests. " she says.

Two minutes later and I bring the sample back. She dips a piece of paper into the wee. It turns blue.

"Miss Poole have you been trying for a baby?" she asks.

"No I haven't, why?" I ask.

"Well, you're pregnant." she says.

"If we haven't been trying for a baby, how am I pregnant?" I ask bewildered.

"Just one of nature's many wonders." she shrugs.

"Are you sure?" I breathe.