Chapter 17

A/n - CLARIFICATION. In the car accident ALLY WAS NOT INTOXICATED. THE TRUCK DRIVER was.

~>~<~>~<~

After hours of begging (hours being fourteen minutes) Brie agreed to drive me down to our local cafe to meet up with Carmen. I walked into a small cafe on Main Street and looked around. I spotted Carmen at a small table in the back.

"Carmen! I missed you so much! How's everything doing?" I asked him as we sat down at a booth.

"I missed you too. I'm good, and you? You look beaten up."

"Car accident..." I didn't intend on getting into a full story. It was too long to tell anyway. A waitress eventually came up to take our orders. Mine for a house salad and a Diet Coke. His for the same, but with Dr Pepper.

"So, what are you going to do about your record deal? When do you meet with producers?" Carmen asked.

"Well, I'm not quite sure yet. We're having a meeting in a few weeks about recording. They're based in New York City, though. They have a small office in London, but I may have to fly out there to begin recording. It's kind of stressful. My dad just wants me to follow in his footsteps, but I don't honestly want to be as big as him. Girls will never scream for me like they do him." I sighed. The waitress brought out our food, and we began to eat.

Carmen was as funny as he was when we were friends while on the show. We finished up our lunches soon, both of ours were amazing.

"Al, we should do this again sometime. Text me sometime!" Carmen insisted.

"Oh I definitely will. Maybe before I go to New York?" I suggested.

"Perfect. I'll see you then!"

I giggled a bit and called Brie. She drove up to the front of the cafe within seconds. I hobbled out towards the front door with Carmen beside me. He pushed the door forward as a mumbled a thank you. We waved goodbye. I flashed him a smile. Brie left her car to come to my side and open the door. I tossed my crutches in the back seat and buckled myself in on the passenger side of her car.

"Ally, how was it!" Brie squealed. I quickly explained what happened and then proceeded to pull my phone from my pocket and check twitter.

I began drafting a tweet.

"Just had the nicest lunch with @CarmenXF13 <3. see you in a few weeks."

I hit send and locked my phone.

<

>

<

>

A/n

Well. I'm back.

Sorry that this chapter was short. I began writing it a month ago and never got around to finishing it.

Now I will proceed with my weekly updating. I believe I will update 'Away' and 'Test Me' next weekend.

Meanwhile in the life of KATE...

I have tickets to Playlist Live Tri State!! I am also seeing One Direction in legit tWO DAYS I AM DYING.

THAts all for now. See you next week :*