Chapter 2

-Ally's POV-

Okay. So at least high school was getting a bit better. It's already October first, and I have all good teachers, except for my biology teacher, who is a total bum. I was sitting with Brie at lunch, and talking, when the bell rang, indicating that we could change classes.

It was sixth period, so I ran to my reading class. I sat down at my table, and opened my book.

Did you know there's really no perks to being a wallflower.

Our teacher (Mrs Summers) walked into the classroom and sat down at her desk. She began roll call, and then we got started with class.

I never liked reading class. I mean, what do you learn exactly? I know how to read, so why should I need to go to a class?

We pretty much just read independently and had to write a summary. It was practically fifty minutes of torture. School is like a toaster oven!

The bell rang, and I grabbed my guitar. I walked down the hallway to my vocal class, and sat down to see Ms Carter sitting at her desk. I unpacked my instrument, and began to warm up my voice and instrument.

Ms Carter had me sing the scales a few times. I then learned how to play guitar and sing at the same time efficiently. She also had me cover a few songs, to continue assessing my 'Skills'.

"She sleeps alone

My heart wants to come home

I wish I was

I wish I was

Beside you

She lies awake

trying to find the words to say

I wish I was

I wish I was

Beside you"

Ms Carter just stared at me.

"Ally. You're seriously amazing." She said in awe.

"I'm not so sure about that. I mean, I know I'm kind of good, but I just don't think anybody would ever listen to me if I were famous."

"Have you ever considered the XFactor?" She asked me.

The XFactor?

I'm not good enough for the XFactor. I mean, my dad was on the XFactor, and now he's internationally famous. I doubt that could happen to me, though. That's something that never happens twice. One Direction was an overnight sensation. Millions of girls loved them, but millions of girls would never love me.

*

When I got home, I couldn't stop thinking about what Ms Carter said. I've never considered it. I never believed my voice was good, but when I was thirteen, and we did a Twitcam at Liam's house, everyone said I had a good voice.

Do I have a good voice? Do I sound as good as Ms Carter claimed me to?

I pulled my gutair out of my case, and jumped on my bed. I began to sing and play.

People like us we gotta stick together

Keep your head up

Nothing lasts forever

Here's to the damned to the lost and forgotten

It's hard to get high

When you're living on the bottom

You just gotta turn it up loud when the flames get higher

Sing it for the people like us

The People like us

I focused on listening to myself, rather than focusing on how I was singing.

I realized I sound good.

I sound great!

I seriously sound amazing!

But back to the XFactor, there's no way I could actually try out. I'm not that good. And Louis and Eleanor would never let me try out. I mean, Simon Cowell is pracrically the 'Uncle' of Louis.

But what if they didn't know?

*

"Al, we have to tell you something." Mum said as I sat down at the dinner table.

"What?" I asked.

"Well, Louis and I have to go somewhere this weekend, so we were wondering if you were okay staying alone."

"Sure. I'm okay with that." I said. I was secretly screaming on the inside. I love being home alone! I sing, I dance, and I finally can now that we're not in an apartment!

"And Niall will be down the street, so if anything goes wrong, just call him." Louis chimed in.

Niall's cool. I still can't believe somebody actually wants to marry him. He's a man-child!

I began eating my chicken and potatoes, which were awesome. I finished up and cleaned my plate, and ran upstairs to do homework.

I couldn't focus on my Algebra, because I kept thinking about the XFactor.

Auditions were on Saturday in Bradford. That's not too far away.