Chapter one: A meeting

A/N: soooo, this whole book thing is just something I've been wanting to put out, but could never find the right place...although I'm pretty sure this place isn't right either but whatever! I'm doing this!

As morning dawned across the city, all was quiet until...

"Oh no!" I said, "I slept through my alarm!" Next thing I know, I'm rushing out of bed, completely forgetting my first day of school! Fortunately, I get there before the first period starts.

"Hey girl," Joycelene shouts "What took you so long?" I, of course, hesitate with my answer,

"Um, I might have slept through my alarm," I mumble. "Well, you obviously need a new alarm clock, come on, we're gonna be late!" For some reason, I've been really tired, but luckily, I had made it through school hours without dozing off.

"What the heck is wrong with you, Elena?!" Questioned Joycelene.

"I don't know," I replied, "What is wrong with me?" I answered back.

"Are you kidding me!?" She said in surprise, "You know what; I'll let you find out yourself." She blurts as she walks off.

I didn't know what Joycelene meant by "find out for yourself," but it didn't sound very interesting. I headed towards my second favorite place in town, Starbucks.

"Vanilla bean, please," I told the waitress as I pulled out some cash and just as I was about to sit down, I accidentally bump into someone.

"O-Oh, sorry I didn't see... Ahem, didn't see you there," I stammered, apologetically avoiding their gaze.

"It's okay, no harm done." The person replied coolly. When I finally made eye contact, I saw something I've never seen this close before. It was a boy!! And at that moment I quickly grabbed my drink and rushed outside.

"Whew, close one." I sighed in relief. I thought nothing of it as dashed toward a bus stop to meet my friends at the mall.

"So, did you see what I meant by that," Joycelene asked while winking at me.

"Uh, no?" I replied.

"Okay fine I'll tell you," She said deflated. "You know that new kid at school, well I talked to him today and he was asking about you." She said sing-songly.

"A boy? Asking about me? I find that to be impossible." I said.

"It's not, okay? His name is Yusei Fudo," Joycelene replied. Joycelene continued talking on and on about it, but I didn't really listen much I just looked at shoes mostly.

By the time we finished, we said our goodbyes and I headed out by myself to the park. I sat down on a bench for a while and must've fallen asleep because when I woke up someone was in front of me.

"Aaahh!!" I screamed, nearly busting out my pepper spray in fright, but then I calmed down. I realized it was the guy from Starbucks, who just so happens to be stupid similar to the "Yusei Foudo" Joy described, is in front of me.

"Relax, I'm just looking for someone to share my picnic with." Of course, I agreed to join him, I was kinda hungry. We talked about what I liked and what he liked; we had a few common interests. It felt really comfortable sitting there and talking with him. I actually had loads of fun hanging out with him, but it was time for me to head home.

"Goodbye, see you next time, oh here's my number," I said sincerely with a smile. Then I head home.

When I got there it was freakishly dark, so I turned on a few lights and...

"SURPRISE!!!" My friends shout together.

"What's the occasion?" I wondered.

"No occasion, just a mini celebration for spending time with a boy!" Bedelia remarks.

"Uh, how did you find out about that?" I asked worriedly.

"We have special ways to find out about things, plus I just happened to be there so...Yeah." Ava answered.

"Tell us every detail about the picnic!" They pleaded in unison. I explained every immense detail as they asked me to. By the end, everyone's jaws were wide open.

"Wow!" They chorused; I still didn't understand why they were so shocked. They continued to bounce theories off each other about what this could mean for me. Honestly, I was looking to catch some z's, not feelings.

"Well, I'm heading to bed, goodnight," I said sleepily.

After trudging upstairs, I immediately flopped into bed without hesitation. Who needs pajamas? I needed to think about today. My stomach felt all turny inside before and now it doesn't... Is it possible Yusei made me feel that way? Maybe... Is it possible I might like him too? Maybe... I need to figure this out... Yawn... Maybe in the morning.