10: For the first time in forever

After school, I went straight home. I needed ladybug to wear something nice.
"That was really nice of you, Marinette. " Tiki said once we were in the privacy of my room.
"Yeah, I guess. " I told her. "Tiki, do you want to go to that party with me?" I asked her.
"What do you mean? Aren't you being Ladybug?" The qwami asked me.
"Well, yeah, but we are not going to transform. I can't go to a formal ball in my heroes attire. I need to wear something formal. " I explained.
"I'm not sure I like where this is going... " Tiki said.
I walked over to my closet and pulled out a hanger with a dress on it.
The dress had a tight, strapless bust, that was red with a black lace that wrapped around to tie a bow in the back. The skirt was wedding dress puffy and black, covered in a red netting. I had a ladybug tiara, red heels, and white gloves, and a red and black clutch to match the outfit.
I completed the ensemble with a lady bug mask that had a black ribbon to tie around my head.
"What do you think? I designed the outfit last year, but never had the chance to wear it." I asked Tiki. I had also designed a tuxedo for Chat Noir, but never had the opportunity to give it to him.
"It looks great! It would look even better if you were wearing it."
"I hope so." I told her.
"You'll be gorgeous. " Tiki told me.
I put on the outfit with Tiki's help.
I brushed my hair into a bun, only my bangs and a few expertly placed prices of hair were down.
Normally I didnt wear make up, but I created a smokey eye and dabbed on some shimmering ladybug red lipstick and brushed a tiny amount of blush onto my face.
"You look beautiful. " Tiki said.
"Thanks Tiki. " I smiled at her.
I turned on the TV to the news and waited for them to start broadcasting the heroes ball.
"Hello, this is Nadia Chamack, broadcasting live, the Heroes Ball. "
The TV showed the news reporter at the hotel that was owned by the mayor, Chloe's father.
In the background, you could see members of the Paris community dressed up as there favorite heroes in formal attire.
"Looks like that's where we are headed. " I told Tiki.
"Well what are you waiting for? " Tiki asked.
"Tiki.... Spots on!" I yelled happily, letting the small creature transform me into the believed superhero, Ladybug.
I climed onto my roof top and swung my way to the party.
I saw the flashing lights of cameras as I approached the party.
"Look! "
"She's here! "
"Ladybug! "People cried out, as I landed on the red carpet.
Then I was swarmed by reporters.
"Ladybug, may I get a word? "
"Is that what your wearing to the party? "
"Where is Chat Noir? "
"Your hair! It's in a bun instead if pigtails! "
"Are you wearing makeup? "
I held up my hand, and the reports stopped talking.
"Give me a few feet of space, and I'll show you a surprise. " I told them.
The were happy to oblige.
All cameras were on me as I said the magic words.
"Tiki, spots off. "
The crowd let out a gasp as I de transformed into my formal attire, mimicked to look like Ladybug.
"Ladybug! You look miraculous!" Nadia Chamack exclaimed, running over with her cameraman at her heels.
"Where is Chat Noir? " They asked.
"Uh..." Something told me that he wasn't coming, otherwise he would have been here first.
"He is unable to attend. " I told them, as I walked by, into the party.
When I opened the doors, everyone in the room looked at me, I blushed.
"Hello." I said with a shy wave. Everyone rushed over to me giving me compliments on my outfit and asking about Chat Noir.
"Ladybug!" A familiar voice called out to me.
It was Adrien.
He had changer out of his ladybug outfit earlier and now wore a black tuxedo and cat ears. If he wore the mask he could of been mistaken as Chat Noir himself.
"Um, hi Paris civilian. " I said than mentally kicked myself. Smooth.
"Hi Ladybug. My name is Adrien. Would you like to dance? " He asked me with a small blush forming on his cheeks.
"S-sure." I replied. Adrien wanted to dance with me! Of course he thought I was Ladybug, but that's okay! I get to dance with Adrien.
Adrien.
"My Lady?" He asked, holding out his hand.
I grabbed it, and he lead me out onto the dance floor.
We danced for what seemed like hours, we laughed and talked all evening.
For the first time in forever I was dancing with Adrien and he seemed to be totally into it.
He looked at me like he was in love, and I looked at him the same way.
This is Adrien we're talking about.
I am in love with him.
He lead me out the back doors and into the garden.
We were holding hands.
"I wish I knew who you were under the mask, Ladybug." Adrien said.
"I can't tell you. I really wish I could. " I told him.
"I know. But I really wish I could see the face of the girl I love. " Adrien told me.
I looked away shyly.
"Love?" I asked him. How could he love Ladybug when he hardly knew her.
He cupped my face in his hands, forcing me to look at him.
"Love." He told me, the he did something unexpected.
Something that only happened in my dreams.
He kissed me.
And I kissed him back.