Sense of familiarity

Part Five- Sense of familiarity

Zoya arrived at the table in a sky blue dress. She stopped suddenly to look at Aditya. He was wearing a similar shade sweater with his grey pants.

He met her eyes with a questioning look.

"Beto na Zoya. I am a real live person not some exhibit in some gallery or museum ," he declared.

" I am going to sit down but surprised how we are matching today. I didn't send out a memo," she stated.

He chuckled.

" You chose this sweater for me once. Actually we ended up shopping at same store once.I was going on a date with my girlfriend at the time."

Zoya looked at him puzzled.

"Now why would i choose a sweater for your date with someone else? I mean why wouldn't have she chosen it?"

"Because she was not with me. We met for the first time that way. But of course that didn't work out as you can probably figure."

"Kyun nahin?"

Aditya looked at her softly.

" I was meant to have a different path than hers."

She straightened up.

" I guess so. After all I wouldn't expect you to have time to come find me if there was someone stable in your life right now," she commented.

The waiter arrived with their breakfast.

" Aap ko kaise pata mujhe yeh pasand hai?"

She looked at glee at the french toast with strawberries and omelet on her plate.

Aditya smiled to himself.

" A birdie told me."

"Noor , Zoya and I are stuck in Manali for the next day or so. Do you know what she likes for breakfast?"

" Whenever Aapi and I were stuck at home during bad weather, she would crave for french toast and an omelette.. Make sure she has strawberries. The experience is never complete without them she always says," Noor replied.

" Thanks Noor, must see what they have in the kitchen here."

" Trust me she will be happy with anything at this point. She really wanted to return home after the party you both planned for the Singhanias but weather is such you both are stuck there."

Aditya laughed.

" If your sister wasn't such a worry wort. We could have left with the others hours ago. But anyways don't worry. We shall call you once the weather clears," he assured her.

Zoya was quiet for sometime as she enjoyed her meal.

Aditya snapped out of his reverie and ate his breakfast.

Sometime later they collected their luggage from the hotel and headed to catch their ferry.

Zoya gazed outwards from the deck. The view was breathtaking. Mumbai and Manali were great too, yet she stood on the top deck of the ferry gazing around. They hit some rough waters and she really fell backwards but Aditya caught her.

She blushed slightly as she stepped away from him.

" Tum theek toh ho?"

She merely nodded.

After disembarking they headed to a lovely cottage to leave their things at. They next headed to VanDusen Botanical Garden to explore the area.

"It is so pretty here. It would be great to have tea party for some aunties here," Zoya joked.

Aditya could not stop himself from flirting with her.

" These plants and flowers may be beautiful, but you outshine them all."

Her expression softened at his words.

" Aditya please tell me why are you doing all this for me?"

She grasped his sleeve as he tried to back away.

He turned back to face her. He wanted to tell her to let him go.

"Zoya I promised,,"

"It was my abbu right?"

Aditya stood numb.

His plan seemed to be shambling before his very eyes.

" Zoya let's see everything here for now when we get back to the hotel we can talk more about this if you really .."

Before he could continue, she slammed her lips on his.

He truly was taken aback. He didn't expect her to do this. The old Zoya would never kiss anyone in public.

He responded but realized they really needed to stop before they got into trouble.

Realizing herself that they were in a public place, she pulled back before he had to indicate her to do so.

She took a deep breath.

" We should finish the tour. But this conversation is far from over!," she exclaimed before walking ahead of him.

Aditya caught his bearings and followed her.