Knowing the truth

Part Nine

Aditya awakened surprised to not see Zoya not in bed with him. He wondered if she regretted last night. He slowly padded to the kitchen to start the coffee maker but stopped short to see his wife swaying her hips to some music as she prepared breakfast.

It send him back to the past, to their first morning after in Mussorie.

He had awakened with Zoya still fast asleep tangled with his limbs. Last night had been the best night of his life. He never expected they would consummate their marriage stuck in a hotel room during a terrible storm. He was relieved to find that the electricity had returned. He could go work on Zoya's surprise now.

Noor had told him over the phone how her aapi loved french toast during the times they were stuck inside during bad weather. He had almost finished prepping when he felt her arms around his torso.

" Yaar Zoya I was going to surprise you in bed with breakfast!," he whined.

" Maafi chattein hain lekin humhe aap ke bina need nahin aari thi," she said with a mischievous smile as he turned to face her.

"Jhooti!," he exclaimed.

She pulled him in for a kiss.

Aditya approached her from behind and wrapped his arms around her figure.

She gasped.

" Aditya I was going to surprise you in bed for breakfast.."

"Just like I was going to in Mussorie," he replied.

He took the plates from her hands and placed them on the table.

" When were you going to tell me Zoya?"

" Tell you what?"

"That you remembered what happened between us and that incident," Aditya said firmly.

Her face fell.

" Aap ko kaise pata chala? I didn't even.."

Aditya cleared his throat.

He sized her up from head to toe.

" If you don't recall everything then why are you in my shirt?"

She sighed as she slipped past him, he grabbed her wrist and cornered her against the wall.

"Bolo Zoya. Kya hua tha uss raat?"

" Aditya I was hoping we can have breakfast first before it is cold, then can we please discuss this further?"

" Theek hai," he mumbled.

They ate in silence.

Once they were done and sat down across each other with their coffee cups, their eyes met.

Zoya spoke first.

" I realized the intensity of how much you love me last night. I wanted it to be special when I told you my memory has returned," she admitted.

Aditya tried to be stoic. He did not want to get all sentimental. He was relieved she was back, but would things ever go back to normal between them? Did that dreadful incident ruin everything for them forever?

" Zoya when did you exactly remember everything?"

" When you were still sleeping. I woke up and it call came back to me. I know who tried to tear us apart and the secret you hid from me."

Aditya teared up. This was the part her Abbu feared would disturb her the most.

" Why didn't you tell me I miscarried our first child?," she demanded.

"Because I could not bear to see you in more pain," he admitted.

"Abbu ne kaha isyle?"

Aditya shook his head.

"No because I love you more than anything else. I know we would have loved our baby more than anything else. It was unexpected. But then.."

" We will get revenge for our loss Aditya. Because those who put us through that loss, don't know I remember everything now."

He turned solemn.

" Kya chalra hai tumare dimag mein Zoya?"

She smiled slightly.

" Revenge is sweeter when served cold my darling shouhar," she declared.

The plan involved them returning to Seattle. They would lure the culprits there and then the action would proceed.