Getting Closer

Part Seven

Aditya decided they would continue sightseeing as he wanted to distract Zoya from the morning incident. Her Abbu had called again. He did not want to get his hopes up. Zoya was starting to remember but she had yet to remember everything. He knew she would need some support as the memories came back. It was not going to be easy because there was no exact trigger or way of knowing what memories would come now and what would come later.

He entered their room as Zoya was slipping on her sweater, gazing at her form, he realized she was starting to look more like her old self again. She had lost weight after the incident now almost two months ago. She was starting to gain it back. She was never fat, just curvy and slender.

Aditya stepped forward and straightened the cowl neck of her teal sweater, and their eyes locked. A slight smile formed on her lips.

She slowly wrapped her arms around his neck, as his came around her waist. She leaned in and kissed him. Aditya responded but he knew they couldn't get carried away. They had come here for a reason. He stepped back still caressing her waist as she blushed.

"Pelhe kiss karti ho phir blush, what's the deal Zoya?"

" How close were we Aditya before I forgot everything?"

" I will show you," he said huskily.

He pulled her in closer to himself.

She gasped.

She looked into his eyes and the answer to her query was given.

" I am sorry Aditya.."

He softened and caressed her hair to tuck behind her ear.

" I will never rush you for anything. I want my old Zoya back if she is still inside of you. However I don't want you to pressure you to remember everything at once. That will harm your health," he soothed her.

A few tears of frustration spilled out, but he wiped her tears.

" Relax and have a seat. I will get you some water," he said.

She gulped the water down after taking it from him.

"Suno Zoya, let's go explore some more today, where do you want to go today?"

Zoya went over to the brochures.

" I want somewhere open to clear my head. I want to spend time with you," she admitted.

Honestly she wanted to remember everything but she would not tell Aditya this. He was being so patient with her and he always fulfilled their marriage vows. She felt like she had let him down.

They decided on Capilano Suspension Bridge. It was open and they would get to meet other people if they wanted or they could just be together.

They spent a few hours exploring the bridge. Zoya had visions of being surrounded by water. But she tried to shut it out because she didn't want to break her promise to Aditya. They headed out to Gastown next. They had lunch and then explored some of the art galleries.

Zoya stopped at one painting as Aditya excused himself to use the bathroom.

She got a sudden recall of memory.

She could barely breathe. Was this the end? She remembered her family , friends, coworkers at Qubol Hai, then Aditya. They had just married, he loved her like no one else could.

"Sorry Aditya. I cannot stay any longer," she muttered.

Then everything went black.

Aditya placed his hand on her shoulder snapping her out of her reverie.

He grew immediately concerned seeing the paleness of her face.

" Zoya tum theek toh ho?"

She shook her head to clear the fog from her memories that just came to her.

" Hum theek hain, chalein?"

"Haan chalo," he said skeptically.

Zoya was a bit distanced from him for the next few hours. She answered him in monosyllables at times. After their itinerary was pretty done for the day, he decided to order a few things from room service. They would dine in today.

" What did you order Aditya?," Zoya asked as she emerged from the room and sat down beside him on the couch in the small sitting area.

" Chinese and some stuff for breakfast tomorrow. It will be snowing. We may be stuck inside for tomorrow," he stated.

" Theek hai phir. I will make you breakfast tomorrow," she insisted.

" Do you know what I like Zoya?"

" Yes I noticed what you ordered the other day in Sydney," she replied.

" What did you remember Zoya?"

She looked at him stunned.

" How did you.."

" I know you enough to tell when you are hiding something begum jaan," he declared.

She sighed.

" Do you really want to know?"

" If it will help you feel better, I rather know."

After a moment's pause, she spoke up.

" I felt like I was drowning," she admitted.

His expression turned grim and he spotted closer to her.

" Oh Zoya how I wished I could have prevented all of that," he admitted.

Sensing his emotional state, she added," I may not remember but I bet it was you that saved me. It wasn't your fault Aditya."

A knock came with room service and they reluctantly pulled apart.

" Iss ko abhi aana tha," he muttered.

Zoya laughed at him and got up to open the door. Aditya noticed the waiter staring at Zoya, he gently pushed her behind himself.

" She is my wife," he snapped.

The waiter kept his head down as he left everything on the kitchen slab.

Zoya insisted without speaking aloud that he give the poor guy a tip. Aditya only gave him half and asked him to leave.

Zoya looked at him sternly.

" What he was oogling you! Only I have that right!"

She nudged him as she walked over to lock the door.

Zoya smiled at him as she came back towards him.

" Then let's have dinner, then you can oogle me as much as you want," she said teaslingly.

Aditya looked at her wide eyed.

It was going to be interesting evening.