Loved

Meryl's POV

After re-watching the video of Karina and Maks about a thousand times, my doorbell rang. I looked in the mirror and wiped my tears as I walked towards the door.

Val was the first to speak.

"Mer, will you tell me what's going on?" Val hugged me right away.

"Yeah, do you want a cup of coffee?" I asked, showing him the living room and the kitchen.

"Sure, thanks." He sat down on the couch and took his shoes off. After bringing him his cup, I sat down on the couch cross legged.

"So what's going on between you and Maks?" Val asked sipping his coffee.

"Well, I fell in love with him during Dancing With The Stars. For a while, I thought he loved me back. On the way home from dinner last night, I asked him about the Jennifer and Kate rumors. He said that the Jennifer one was true and that he'd had a one night stand with her. As I was going to get out of the car, he asked me why I cared so much. I told him that I just wanted to make sure everything was okay. Then he said something that really broke my heart." I paused, getting choked up.

"Shh...it's okay. Take your time." Val rubbed my back and wiped away the tears streaming down my face.

"Um, he said that I was just his dance partner and not his girlfriend. It really hurts when the one you love doesn't love you back." Val set his cup on the table and placed me on his lap.

"I know how you feel..." He held me close to his chest and for a moment, I felt loved.

"And then, I went inside and cried in front of the door. He kept trying to talk me into letting him in, but I didn't. After a while, I stood up and looked out of the window. He'd left, if he loved me he would have stayed all night, right?" I cried into his shirt as he rubbed my back, trying to calm me down.

"If it makes you feel any better, I would've stayed here forever." I was shocked as Val tilted my head up to look at him. He wiped my tears with his thumb and pulled me towards him. Our lips we inches apart when he whispered something.

"Baby, it's all going to be okay." He pulled me into a tight hug and left soon afterwards.

I felt better after talking to Val. I no longer felt worthless, I felt loved.

--

Triple update present for you.