Monster alert

Disclaimer: Credit goes to Rick Riordan and Anthony Horowitz, who own Percy Jackson and Alex Rider respectively.

Note: The Demigod Diaries was released on 14 Aug!! I wish I'm in America!!! Ahhh, Asia will just take too long...

Alex POV

As I fell asleep, I didn't have any demigod dreams. I guess that was good. Tyche was probably helping me. Let's just hope she'd help me win Noel tomorrow too.

"Rider... Ahh, heard some stories about you being a spy for M16," Noel laughed.

I winced at the thought of M16. Putting a 14 year-old boy through torture was horrible. I saw Sabina coming up to me. She gave me a peck on my cheek. I guess it was just for good luck, and that was what I really needed now.

"Let the fight begin!" One of Noel's friend called out.

Noel charged at me - something he should've been smart enough to know not to do. Percy told me that if he charged at me, I should side-step at the last moment, to get him off guard. Also, he'd be too tired to play games with me. I stayed still, sword raised. I saw Noel's spear charging at me. At the last moment, I side-stepped and rolled away.

Noel, however, seemed pretty angry that I managed to defend myself. He had pure anger in his eyes, and he raised his spear before charging at me with full speed. I could hear the other campers murmuring how dumb Noel was. Hopefully he'd remain like this. Luck was on my side. I side-stepped again, and slashed my sword in front of him. For a 17 year-old guy, Noel seemed dumb and weak. But that was totally not the case. Okay, maybe he was dumb, but definitely not weak. Noel slashed his spear at me, I tried to defend with the move Percy taught me yesterday, however, I was too slow.

The cut was pretty deep, but I've been in more deathly situations. I remembered the time when I was stuck in this deserted hospital, and they were going to use my organs for organ transplant. And the worst thing, I could see everything they did... Unless they took my eyes away.

I heard hooves clomping on the floor, and I knew my saviour came - Chiron! Chiron came into the scene, with his bow drawn. He released it, and it hit directly at Noel. Why would Chiron injure his own camper? I didn't know why. But instead of feeling satisfied, I was melancholy for Noel. I ran up to Noel, and took out some ambrosia and nectar to feed him, before Chiron placed his arm on my shoulder.

"Alex, boy. That isn't Noel... Noel told me he was not coming this summer. Must've been a monster disguised as Noel to invade this camp," Chiron bellowed.

"That's a relief," I mumbled to myself.

"Alex, a word with you," Chiron said before trotting off to the big house.

When I reached the big house, Chiron and Mr D were sitting on the porch playing pinochle.

"A... Delinquant? Ah, new boy here Adrian Rob thinks he's still a spy for M16?" Mr D said with disgust in his voice.

"Ignore Mr D, don't worry about the monster. It'll be something you'd be facing all the time as a half-blood. I've asked Noel - the real Noel, to come here and train you." Chiron said before asking me to leave.

Chapter posted: 16 Aug 2012

Next chapter: After October 10. Sorry guys! I'd be writing my other Percy Jackson fanfic instead!