I'm offered a quest

Disclaimer: Credit goes to Rick Riordan and Anthony Horowitz, who own Percy Jackson and Alex Rider respectively.

A/N: I know, not one of my best. D: Exam's over! <3

Alex POV

I was sitting on the porch of the Big House. Chiron told me that when Noel came, he would be coming to the Big House first, and then he would let Noel talk to me. I wasn't sure why I couldn't be in my cabin,  but when Chiron told us something, I guess you'd want to follow his instructions and not disobey him. 

As I sat down, I thought about what had happened yesterday. Chiron killing the impostor, my fight with the fake Noel, and everything about my demigod life. Just then, I heard foot steps coming up to me. I thought it'd be Noel, so I quickly stood up, and tried to look my best. See, I'm not really someone who would dress up and stuff, but today, I wore my camp shirt, and a pair of dark blue jeans. It's kinda casual, but most people wore the same outfit as me.

Instead of Noel it was, my girlfriend/sister, Sabina. 

"Hey Sab!" I called out to Sabina.

"Alex! I missed you so much! I heard about your fight with the monster. According to Percy and Annabeth, they said that the monster was an empousai - just like Julia Rothman!" 

"It's okay, Sab," I said, trying to make her feel better.

"I don't want to be a demigod, Alex. It's just not like me," Sabina said as she teared up a little.

"Pleasure! Back to activities, stop hanging around your boyfriend!" One of Sabina's half-sibling yelled at her.

"Gotta go! See you later!" Sabina said pecking me on the cheeks.

I spent the rest of the morning figuring out conversation topics to talk to Noel about. I didn't want my afternoon to be awkward with him. From what I knew, Noel came to camp when he was fifteen, and now, he was seventeen. He'd been one of the first children of Nike to come to camp.

"Alex," Chiron called out to me.

"Hey Chiron."

"I don't know how the monster managed to enter camp, and I'm afraid that we have to find out... Would you want to go for the quest?" Chiron asked me.

I've heard a lot about quests. You had three people in a quest, and you had to visit Rachel Dare, the oracle. From what Percy had told me, a quest was dangerous. It'd be lucky to even come back alive...

"What about Noel?" I asked Chiron.

"A monster attacked him today, and it had something to do about the monster that came to camp and acted as an impostor. We need you to save him," Chiron told me slowly.

I took it in, understanding that my cabin counsellor was in trouble, and I had to save him.

"I'll do it. But don't you think I need more training?" I asked Chiron.

"Percy could do it, and I think you can too. Remember, he didn't have any spy trainings, and he was twelve then. If he could do it, so can you." Chiron said, as he patted my back.

"Now, go visit the Rachel," Chiron trotted away, just like that.

***

I reached the cave where Rachel said in no time. 

"Hey Rachel," I greeted her.

"Alex Rider? Ah, yes. I've had a feeling you'd be going on a quest." She told me.

"So, ask away." She said as she sat on her bed.

"Um... How do I save Noel?" I asked, unsure about the way I should've phrased it.

"Five demigods go to Asia

Finding the son of Nike

Two would be lost in the garden city

Save them

And the answer would end there"

However, unlike the rest of the times Rachel spewed prophecies, she didn't have green smoke coming out of her mouth, and neither did she pass out.

"It doesn't rhyme," I told her.

"I know, it's just... This quest... It's not in the sibylline books," she said frustrated.

"So... It's not a quest, then?" I asked her.

"It is. I gotta contact Octavian. Wait here," Rachel said as she pulled out a golden drachma.

She said weird lines, before saying, "Show me Octavian of Camp Jupiter."

"Rachel! Ah, yes. I was just about to contact you. My teddy bears aren't rhyming!" He yelled.

I was shocked at what he said, but Rachel didn't seem weirded out.

"The oracle of Delphi is speaking in normal English!" She told Octavian.

"Time to compare prophecies!" They both shouted in unison.

I repeated the prophecy to Octavian, while he said,"The oracle of Delphi must've been taken away! I don't know about my stuff toys... But I think Apollo is in trouble! And so is that guy, Noel."

"Do you think it has both Greek and Roman demigods?" Rachel asked.

"No, it's a Greek prophecy. Apollo and the son of Nike, definitely Greek. It's just affecting the Romans as well," Octavian said, before slashing the Iris message away.

Come to think of it, the Apollo campers seemed a bit more un-hyped up this week. Maybe I thought it was normal, but according to what Octavian and Rachel had said, I knew he was in trouble.

"Go, find four other campers," Rachel told me as I left her cave.

***

"Alex, the prophecy sounds dangerous. If Apollo and Noel are in danger, you've got to leave now. Four campers have already volunteered, so I guess all you need to do is pack, and leave - to Asia." Chiron told me.

 "Hey Alex!" Percy, Annabeth, Nico and Sabina greeted me, holding up their packed bags...

Oh... They were the four that wanted to come on a dangerous adventure with me.