IV

Camile bit her lip as she watched the boy in the metal cage, gray eyes trailing over his panicked state worriedly.

"Stop it," A guard ordered from afar. D-114 froze, tears welling in his eyes as he obeyed. Camile felt a wave of anger wash over her before it dissipated into numbness. She couldn't do anything for him now. Sir had only allowed her to watch from afar as he tested his "power burnout" on D-114. It was a solution that causes the recipients powers to go crazy as it burns them from the inside out. It's extremely painful and she blanched when Sir had explained the effects to her so she knew what she was dealing with.

She watched with baited breath as the boy fell to his knees, shaking terribly on the ground. He didn't even seem to notice the robot wheeling its way towards him, sharp point poised above the boy as it charged.

Camile clenched her hands as the boy let out a silent scream, his throat not fully healed from when Sir had poured acid into his mouth. She couldn't believe someone could do a thing like this to a chid, but she learned quickly not to underestimate the people here when it came to ghosts, especially halfas.

She rubbed her arms as the temperature dropped drastically, watching in awe as ice and frost covered the whole arena. The robot was frozen above the boy, point ready to pierce his skull if the ice so much as cracked a little. Camile grimaced as D-114 fell limp, falling into unconsciousness on the cold arena floor. Camile started toward him but a guard pulled her back, pointing to Sir as he stood in the box above the arena.

She rolled her eyes, folding her hands behind her back as she waited for the man to come down. When Sir entered the small woman glared at him, causing him to bark in laughter.

"What's got your panties in a bunch, Dr. Danvers?" Sir asked, fiery eyes sparkling mischievously.

"You are keeping me from my patient, sir," Camile countered, enticing another bark of laughter from the man.

"He'll be fine, and he won't be your patient any longer as of tonight," Sir smirked when Camile stepped back, only to bump into a guard that roughly grabbed her arms, "I told you you had something to work on. You're not very good at keeping quiet when you're with the boy."

Camile's eyes widened in understanding as Sir snapped his fingers, "Lock her in her room until nightfall, then kill her. Be sure to draw it out so the boy can hear." The guard nodded, dragging a shocked Camile out of the arena as Sir barker orders to clean the place up.

Camile gasped as the guard pushed her roughly into the room., closing the door before she could get up from the ground. She rushed at the door, banging on it as the sound of the lock clicking rang in her ears.

"Just be quiet, don't give me a headache before I have to kill you," The guard growled from outside the door. Camile scowled, turning and dropping onto her cot in defeat. Her gray eyes moved slowly over the room, wondering if she could get out or...

Camile scooted off her bed, reaching her hand under as she felt for the loose slab of concrete. She smirked when she found the dip, prying her fingernails under it before it gave. She quietly wedged the slab from the floor, placing it gently on the ground beside the hole.

She patted her hand around, letting out a silent cheer when she found what she was searching for. pulling the tech out from under the bed, Camile made her station, setting up the laptop and antenna on her desk. After fidgeting for a while Camile grinned when she managed to piggyback on a signal sent from Mount Justice.

Quickly and quietly, she hacked into the server, biting her lip as she broke through he difficult firewalls. Whoever set them up sure knew their stuff. Directing herself into the area of briefing calls, (she ignored the identities of the heroes, not needing to know who they were under their masks) hacking into a tv in the common room.