job hunt

Chapter 26

Jenn's pov

I continue to bounce Thomas in my hands as I walk to my room. laying down carefully, I put Thomas on the side of me and he sits up and starts to play with the remote before putting it in his mouth. "No baby. That's nasty. Here, take your pacifier." I say and hand him his pacifier so he sucks on it and not the remote. I grab my phone and go online, looking up jobs that are hiring in my area, I search down the list. I don't see anything I like, until I find a job that fits me.

Pete's restaurant

Hours worked: 10am-5pm, 4:30pm-8pm
15478 Norwood
Looking for cashier

I continue to skim over the application and decide, this is the one for me. Looking at the number, I press on it and hold the phone to my ear. "Pete's restaurant." The lady on the phone says. "Hi. My name is Jenn Stevens and I was just looking at your application and I was wondering if there is anytime I could come in." I say with a hint of hope. "Of course you can come in. The manager isn't here right now, so come in tomorrow at 12:30." I know this doesn't necessarily mean I have the job but I'm happy.

"Ok thank you" I say and hang up. Turning over, I look at Thomas who is looking at me or my phone to be exact, trying to figure out who I was talking to. "Mommy might have a job baby" I say in a happy voice and start smiling. Thomas smiles and I start to tickle and kiss all over him which makes him laugh.

"Having fun without me huh?" Aiden says from behind me and I continue to look at Thomas. "I might be getting a job. I'm not sure if I'm gonna get it, but we'll see tomorrow." I say and he walks up to me and flops down on the bed. "That's great love. Even though I would like it rather much if you didn't work and just stayed with Thomas but I know that you are stubborn so you won't listen anyway." He says and I giggle. "Your right about that." I say and watch as Thomas sits up and crawls to his dad. "Come to daddy baby" Aiden says and lifts Thomas in the air before bringing him back down. Thomas laughs which makes him drop his pacifier and I grab my phone out and record them. "I love you guys" I say and Aiden stops putting Thomas in the air and sits him on his stomach. "We love you too. Ain't that right big guy?" And Thomas giggles and tries to sit up making grabby hands towards me. "Come here big baby." I put my phone down on the nightstand and grab Thomas before laying next to Aiden.

I could get used to this.