Chapter 39: The Lethe River

Hayden's POV

I reenter the room of the five rivers, "Heidi? What did your father have to say to you?" Panic asked, but instead of answering him I just knock him to the side as I make my way to the Lethe River or otherwise known as the yellow river of forgetfulness. "Heidi, what are you doing?" Panic asked standing back up onto his feet. "That is my business you little teal blob." I snarl as I stand in front of the yellow river. I pull the bag off my shoulder opening it and pull out the blue diamond that I stole from Auradon. "Is that what I think it is?" Panic asks in a horrified voice as he stares at the necklace in my hand. "It is exactly what it looks like, and now that I have Hadie's diamond all I need is mine, and as lucky would have it I hide it here in this very room." I kneel in front of the yellow river slowly reaching my hand into the water. "You can't Heidi, if those two diamonds are even near each other that could cause unspeakable damage." Panic slowly walks over to me and look down at my hands. "Well that is the whole idea Panic, to have even more powerful than the all mighty Hades." My hands suddenly feel what I am looking for and I grip the chain tightly. "There you are my lovely." I say to myself as I take my hands out of the water. Out of the water I pull out the yellow diamond that I put in the river a very long time ago. "I need to warn Hades." Panic says as he starts running towards the throne room. "NO!" I yell jumping back to my feet and racing to stop him, and I just am able to grab him right as he reaches the door. "You aren't going to tell him anything." I grab ahold of his arm and swing him across the room to the other side. "My freedom depends on this, and I would hate to think that you are getting in the way of that Panic." I say in a dark tone of voice as I slowly walk over to him. "Please Heidi, If Hades knew what you are doing he would destroy the whole Underworld." I roughly grab Panic his neck and lift up to look my in my eyes, "Don't worry Panic, because you are a dear friend of mine I will help you out." I gently place him back down onto his feet placing the yellow diamond in front of him. "You know what this diamond does don't you?" Panic looks terrified at the diamond then to me. "It is rumored that diamond can take memories." I nod my head with an evil smirk on face. "But that requires magic, and there is no magic on the Isle of the lost." I groan because I forgot about that, but then I suddenly got an idea from Heidi. "I always knew that being a part of her would come in handy in more ways than one." I grab Panic by his arm and drag him over to the yellow river, "You are going to drink from the river, and that will make you forget everything that has happened." I pick up Panic before dropping him into the Lethe River. I quickly put both diamonds into my bag before slinging it over my shoulder. "I think it has been long enough." I say with a smile on face, and I reach down into the water and help Panic out. Panic gapes for air coughing up water. "Panic what happened?" I ask pretending to me concerned. "I don't know, I must have fallen in." Panic says trying to catch his breath. "You are luckily that I came back in here." Panic nods his head, "I owe you my life Heidi." I wave him off playing along perfectly. "What is the last thing you remember?" Panic thinks for a moment before answering me. "The last thing I remember is you walking into the throne room." I smile a devise smile knowing that the water from the Lethe River had down its job perfectly. "Well now that I know you are alright, I am going to my room." I stand fully back up, and walk out the room hiding the biggest smile. I shut the door to Heidi's room and start laughing. "Somethings are just too easy I swear." I say still laughing as I walk over to the closet and pull the doors open. "I need a change of clothes." I say out loud as I look through the all the clothes, I take off the clothes that I have been wearing for a couple days now, and I pull out a new outfit that screams Isle of the lost. I slip on my black bra, a black see through long sleeve lace top, a black skirt with a blue flame design on it, and a pair of combat high heeled boots. "That is way better, you couldn't find clothes like this in barf-adon." I giggle walking over to where Heidi kept her jewelry and makeup. I put black devil earrings in my ears, and necklace with a tooth from Cerberus around my neck "Welcome back." I smile into the mirror admiring my reflection, and once I am happy with the way I look I walk over to the bed and take out the two diamonds and place them in the black spiked purse on the bed. "Time to go out and be evil." I hiss securing the purse before exiting the room. I walk through the room of the five rivers only to get stopped by Hades. "And where might you be going looking like that?" I tilt my head to side, "Why do you care? You never cared before, and please don't start acting different now." I push past him and head towards the surface of the Isle.