Chapter 18

Chapter 18

Niall's POV

She accepted the ring even though I was sure she was going to turn it down and break up with me for moving to fast, just like last time. I couldn't believe I actually had the nerves to give it to her because I was afraid of what happened last time. I know I shouldn't worry about it but you never know sometimes. You may think you everything about someone and that you trust them with keeping your heart but then they betray you and do something that crush your heart. A girlfriend back in the day did that to me and ever since then I've been iffy about fully trusting people.

"Hey Lyss?" I whispered softly into her neck, making her shiver. I love the effects we had on each other. It was another thing that made me want to smile.

"Mmm?" She hummed wrapping the blanket around us tighter.

"Promise to me that you will never break my heart?" I asked softly. She paused for a second, tapping her chin. She did this whenever she was hesitant to say something.

"Only if you promise not to break mine." She whispered back, straddling my waist. I wrapped my arms around her and she did the same to me. We sat there hugging for ages, just simply hugging, in silence. We turned our heads for a split second, sharing a meaningful lingering kiss.

"I love you." We said at the same time, causing us to laugh with goofy grins on our faces.

"We should get inside, it's getting pretty cold." I shivered picking her up and laying her down in the bed. She looked deep in thought.

"What are you thinking about?" I obviously startled her, because she jumped, making the whole bed shake.

"Just the future." She stated simply, tucking a piece of hair behind her here. I yawned as she laid down next to me, causing me to wrap my arms around her.

"Hmm." I sent a muffled hum into her hair.

"I love it so much." She randomly burst out. I furrowed my brow in confusion.

"Love what?" I asked, feeling confused.

"The ring you got me silly pants." She turned around and poked my cheek, making me smile.

"Oh, I picked it out by myself." I smiled smugly, feeling proud of myself. She giggled at my expression.

"Oh did you?" She asked trying to make her voice sound seductive. I smirked at her response as she rolled on top of me, giving me short sweet kisses. "I, Love, You." She spoke in between kisses.

"Not, more, than, me." I kissed her passionately again.

"I'm too lazy to argue with you." She breathed against my lips.

"Mmm. Another win for me." I rolled over so I was on top of her. "What's my prize?" I winked looking into her chocolatey brown eyes.

"I don't know but let's go back outside. I'm wide awake!" She mimicked Katy Perry.

"Nope, I won. Meaning you have to do whatever I please." I stubbornly crossed my arms, making a pouty face.

"Fine." She laid down in the bed. "What do you want to do oh so sweet master of mine?" She asked, sarcasm dripping through her voice. I pulled her close and she laid her head on my chest.

"To cuddle." I admitted, entwining our legs and hands.

We talked for a little while, until I drifted asleep slowly.

*The Next Morning*

Alyssa's POV

I woke up the next morning with Niall holding me firmly. I tried to wiggle out of his grip, but he wouldn't let me free. A smirk appeared on his face.