Star Trek; The Continuing Story Prologue

Disclaimer: I do not own Star Trek. Leila is my original character

After the tragic death of the captain it was up to first officer George Kirk to command the USS Kelvin while his wife lay in the medical bay giving birth to their twins.

“Initiating general order 13, we’re evacuating” Kirk ordered his crew, “All decks this is the captain speaking, leave the ship immediately, now!”

There was havoc all over the craft as crew rushed to their designated evacuation shuttles. Fearing for her husband’s life Winona pulled out her comm to call him.

“George”

“You’re okay, thank god. I have a medical shuttle standing by. Get to it now can you do that?”

“Yes. George the babies are coming, they’re coming now”

“I’m on my way”

Seconds later he realised that there was no way that he could leave the ship. If he did then the shuttles would have no defence and would be destroyed. The only way for him to save his crew would be to remain on the USS Kelvin.

“Captain to shuttle 37, is my wife on board?”

“Yes sir, she is”

“I need you to go now, do you hear me”

“We’re waiting on you sir”

“No just take of immediately, that’s an order”

“Yes sir”

“No, we can’t go yet. Please stop” Winona shouted through a contraction, “George the shuttles leaving, where are you?”

“Sweetheart listen to me, I’m not going to be there. This is the only way you will survive, the shuttles will never make it if I don’t fight them off”

“I can’t do this without you”

From the bridge Kirk could hear the cries of newborn and then seconds later another.

“What are they?” he asked.

“It’s a boy and a girl” his wife replied.

“A boy and a girl, what are going call them?”

“We could name them after your parents”

“I like the sound of Leila but Tiberius no, are you kidding me. Let’s name him after your dad while Leila can have your mother’s name as her middle. Let’s call him Jim”

“Jim it is, Jim and Leila”

“Sweetheart can you hear me, I love you so much”

Winona held onto her son and daughter tightly as she watched the remainder of the USS Kelvin exploded. Her twins were all she had left of Captain George Kirk