5.

"Your Highness, please don't—"

Taeyong stopped on his tracks, his eyes wild as he wanted to leave the palace in an instant. "I can't sit and wait. She's out there in danger!" He exclaimed but soon, his voice died. He had to be careful of his words and action, the princess warned him that much.

His bodyguard bowed his head, he knew it wasn't his position but he had to ensure of the prince's safety. "I know that you are worried about the princess but you cannot abruptly leave." He said. "Everyone would doubt the princess' death." He added.

Taeyong had told his trusted righthand man about the letter he found on the day of his fiancée disappearance. He trusted Doyoung that much, he was smart to add as well, he would be much help to him.

"As a friend, Your Highness. I beg you, if you are worried about her we have to solve this silently." He said. Doyoung had been with him since he was young, they trained together and even played together. He was trustable, the prince was sure of that.

Only they, doubted the little play put upon them, and only he, had the power to convince others if it was real or not and knowing the princess, she wanted this to be as real as it seemed. She disappeared on purpose, but it wasn't enough to ensure she was truly safe and Taeyong wanted to know why she did so in the first place.

《—♡ 》

Seora sat by the veranda, staring out at the scenery that was open wide for her. Youngmi's house was located on the hilltop, away from the rest of the people in the village. However, the house wasn't exactly isolated, but it gave off a private property kind of feeling.

The stable was located behind the house, the scenery in front of the house was wide, and because it was on a hill, she could see other houses down the hill. Hayoung mentioned a garden Youngmi was growing, but she didn't have much time to groom it as she was busy at the palace. Maybe she could help, Seora thought.

"I see you're finally awake."

Seora looked to her left and found an old man, his physical looked old, the wrinkles on his face, the grey of his hair but yet he stood so strong in front of her. The princess waited for him to add anything, luckily he didn't. It only meant Youngmi didn't tell him who she was, good.

"Oh, my apologies." Seora bowed slightly to the man. "My name is Eunmi and I—"

"I know as much, my lady." The man said and she stopped speaking. So he knew, and he kept quiet about it. Now, she felt embarrassed to have attempted to lie to his face. "I only need to know your name and I'm Jaehyun's father." He smiled.

Youngmi's father in law. She was told before that her court lady lived with her father in law. The war from before took many lives including her family's and that was also the time she met Jaehyun and fell in love.

Often when the two were busy at the castle, their only daughter was left alone with her grandfather, still, she was alone as the old man was also working. Such hard work, yet all she did before as the country's princess was sit still.

Jaehyun was her trusted bodyguard where else Youngmi was her court lady, they were kind people and they were kind enough to save her this way. It was something she could never repay back, she didn't know how to. Seora had never been shown such kindness, she was touched.

The old man had a very soft and calming smile. It reminded her of her father's. He would always smile so widely, she remembered so very much whenever he was with her mother. Ever since that incident happened, he stopped. He became a wise and serious king instead.

He even had less time for her, almost none. "You can call me Sir or Papa, like they all do." "Perhaps, Uncle." She replied and he smiled before putting down his things. Seora wanted to help but he stopped her. "It's fine, I'm used to this." He laughed softly.

"Don't let anyone in, I'll be out for a while." He tapped the princess' shoulder, it felt like her father for a while. She felt sad out of a sudden as the man smiled before he walked away alone.

Youngmi was hardworking too, it runs in the family. Seora felt bad that she couldn't do any much of a help. She wanted to help, she didn't want to stay for free. The least she could do was ease their burden not add more. She wasn't a princess anymore, she should learn to be a normal girl.

"I want to see the lilacs." The princess looked to her side and found a sleepy girl. She had just woken up, and was yawning a lot. A small girl like her, but she seemed fearless to be left alone.

Seora remembered her waking up alone, she would immediately went searching for her mother. She hated being alone and Youngmi had a hard time leaving her so. Seora never wanted to be left alone, especially after what she had seen.

The princess brought a hand to touch the little girl's head. How she wished she was able to grow up independently like her. It must've been tough, but the outcome would've been beautiful like the little girl.

"The lilacs?" She replied. "It hasn't spring yet." Seora looked at the snow that was melting. Spring was approaching, but it wasn't time for the flowers to bloom yet.

Hayoung rubbed her eyes and yawned again. "But I dreamt of it." She said, confusing the princess. She assumed it must've been just her mind games. She was convinced that her dream was real. "My dreams are always real." She added.

"Can you take me to see the lilacs?" She asked, somehow pleading. Seora felt bad for the child, she wanted to see flowers as well. She was bored of the constant white snow. "I don't know where, my dear." She stroked the girl's hair.

"I do!" The child grinned widely. Seora knew this was going to be trouble, but that was what normal girls do. They were always up for adventures and Seora wanted to experience one as well.

She smiled at the girl, Youngmi was going to panic if she found out. However, they can prevent it from happening if they got home earlier than the rest. They won't be returning until dusk anyway, it was a golden opportunity indeed.

《—♡ 》
🐾 classes havent started yet
and i already have so many things
to do :((
anyways, 127 at hi touch
was so adorable <33
and we just got a tenwin selfie!!