chapter twelve

Loki's POV

Thor and I ate in silence. It wasn't a comfortable silence. It was that silence that pressed at you so hard, that you wish you could come up with something just to break it.

A phone rang and we both jumped back. "That is your phone." Thor said, shoving the rest of his food into his mouth. I set my fork down and pulled my phone out of my jacket. It was Stark.

I answered it and set it to my ear. "Is something wrong with the twins?" I asked. "No. No. Both babies are okay and normal. Well as normal as a blue baby. But that doesn't matter. Your friend.. uh.. what's your name?.. Helmet what is your name?"

I furrowed my eyebrows as I heard rustling. "Hey Loki. It's Hemdall. You and Thor need to come back to the tower so I can take you both back to Asgard."

"Father kicked us out of Asgard." I told him. He sighed. "That's the thing. It is Odin. He's dying and he needs to talk to you both."

I looked up at Thor. "Ya. Okay. We will be there as soon as possible." I hung up. "Hemdall is at the tower. Father is dying apparently." I waved the waiter down and he gave us the check. Thor paid and we left.

Thor's POV

We had got back to the tower and Hemdall was there. He was sitting on the floor playing with Juniper. She was giggling and lightly clapping her hands at the faces Hemdall was making. He made a weird face and she went into complete hysteria. Like the face he made was just the best and funniest thing ever.

"Hemdall. You can make faces at my daughter later. Please take us to father." Loki said, grabbing the diaper bag and stuffing whatever we need for the babies in it. "Where's Silas?" He asked to no one in particular. "Taking a nap." Captain said. "Thor, please go get him. He only tolerates you if he gets woken up."

I did as told and went to get Silas from his bedroom. But when I reached the crib, Silas was wide awake. Not asleep. "Hi there." I said calmly, picking up the baby. He made little noises. "Daddy and I are taking you back to our home."

I walked out of the room. Hemdall had Juniper in his arms and Loki had the diaper bag and another bag I assume had some of our clothes. "Was he crabby when you got him?" Loki asked. I shook my head no. "I guess he never fell asleep. He was awake when I got him."

Loki set down the bags and held out his arms. I gave him Silas. "Hello Silas." He smiled at the baby. "How's daddy's boy?" He asked. Silas babbled a little then put his hand in his mouth. "Hungry?" Hemdall asked. "He ate before I put him in his crib. That was about 30 minutes ago." Captain said. "So he should be fine for another hour or two. Thor, please grab the bags."

I did so. "Okay, Hemdall. Take us back to Asgard."