5

I put on my outfit for today. I still had 15 minutes before school starts so I'm in my room checking my messages. My mom entered and said "Hey,"

"Hi." I replied coldly

"How are you doing?" She asked softly

"Good." I replied again coldly blocking any chance of a friendly motherly contact between us
She sighed and left the room. Ugh! I will never forget what happened yesterday...

Flashback

I was heading to the kitchen to grab a can of soda. I passed along my parents' room to do so. When I was going back to my room I passed again, only this time their voices were louder. It was obvious they were arguing. It made me stop in my tracks, I listened to them for a few seconds and I continued walking back to my room not wanting to know what are they arguing about. This wasn't the first time for them to argue, they used to do it like it's a regular thing that should be done. This time I was so much angry. I've had a lot and enough of this.
After ten minutes my dad got out first, then my mom got out after him by a minutes. While we're having dinner, everyone noticed my silence. Mom decided to speak,
"Gemma? Something's wrong?"

"For how long are you gonna do that!?" I snapped at her

"What?"

"You two, mom and dad. When will you stop arguing and live peacefully together? You've been like that since we were little kids and you still haven't stopped! Mom, you told Jessie and I that a man who loves you and you love him, you really should protect him and care about him. Dad, I'm pretty sure you told Jack the same about to protect a woman that loves him and he loves her. Then why for heaven's sake are you two like that!?"

"Gemma please...." my dad said while my mom was busy trying to prevent her tears. Huh, I don't care.
I stood up and ran to my room. I slammed the door shut and cried. Amigo rises his head and came to me. He tried to shake hands in order to make me stop crying. Eventually, I did and I petted him for a while.

(A/n I've decided to rename the dog. That's way better. What do you think?)

Jack came in after knocking twice. He sat next to me while petting Amigo.

"Hey don't sweat it, alright?" He said

"I don't give a damn about it." I replied

"Well that's one strong girl." He said amused
I chuckled. He hugged me and then told me goodnight. I stayed in my room with Amigo until I slept.

End of Flashback

I'm about to get going on my way to school but Jessie stopped me.

"You know you're right." She said
I hugged her and told her that I won't be talking to mom nor dad till they stop arguing and live peacefully together as one family. She told me that she would do that too and Jack, who overheard our conversation, said that too.