16

Even though it was only a minute, it felt like an hour as Preston casted the reverse spell over Gemma.

When he finally finished, we all held our breaths as a light ball was formed. It stopped midair and then turned into a shooting ray and shot back. It was too fast that no one could notice where did it go.

Then the heart monitor went crazy then it slowed and slowed.

Beep beep beeeeeeeep.

The sound I regretted the most. Then it was complete silence.

I felt my heart drop. The love of my life, Gemma, the most beautiful person I've ever seen, is gone and it seems like she took the whole life with her.

I ignore everything and just go sit by her body. I rest my head on her limb shoulder. Sobs already coming out.

Sarah's P.O.V

No she can't be gone. No she can't. There's no world without her. Nothing will be the same. Ever.

Preston's P.O.V

I failed.

I failed her.

I failed everyone.

I failed myself.

I'm sorry, Gemma...

Third Person's P.O.V

It was only silence for a couple of minutes.
Everyone's silently crying...

Brody's head shot up when there was loud whirring from the prism. Gemma's power star flew up from her pocket and flew roughly towards the prism. Silver bright light filled the whole room almost blinding everyone.

Then it came out as a thick light ray going in Gemma's arm and chest.
Brody held her hand as he waited the most patiently.
He felt a light squeeze on his hand from her then Gemma's eyes flew open and she woke up with a gasp. She started panting as she tried to sit up.

Brody held her close; "Hey hey it's okay. It's just us. It's me. I'm here. You're okay. Nothing will hurt you anymore." He kept comforting her till she calmed down completely

She looked him in the eye mumbling "hey"

"Oh my god" Brody said a wide smile breaking onto his face

Gemma's P.O.V

I jolted awake. I didn't remember what happened at first. Then all realization hit me as I remembered all.
I started to panic, then I heard a familiar voice; all comforting me. Brody.
I calmed down as I slowly looked at him holding me close.

"Hey." I mumbled, relieved to see him alright

Our faces broke to wide smiles as he pulled me up in his hug. I pulled back and kissed his lips.

"I was so sacred I lost you." He whispered in my ear

"You're not gonna lose me. I'll always love you." I whispered back

"I'll always love you too. More than you can imagine."

By the time we finally let go, I had almost forgot about everyone's presence.
I stood up and in an instant, they rushed and hugged me.

"Oh, I thought the spell didn't work.." Preston said as he came to hug me

"But it did. Thank you. You did really great." I said as I hugged him tightly

"Glad I could help. Can't bear to lose one of my best friends." He said after we broke the hug and exchanged smiles

Then the siren went off.

"It's her again..." Mick said

Everybody looked at me. I looked back at them with confident eyes.

"Let's kill her properly this time." I said

_____________________

Hi! I had to quote Avengers: Endgame. And it seems like it fits.

What do you think of the chapter?
Get ready for the final battle between the rangers and Rosanna. And maybe Kara? Hmm.

Stay tuned! Love ya!