21

"All we can do now is scan the whole city and hope for the best. Who knows which form could he have taken right now.." I said, addressing the whole team while looking at one of the screens

I didn't wanna waste time in apologies or whatever, but I told them it was okay and that our top priority is to find where that so-called Caleb was.

The team split up to do different tasks. I was on detecting any buzzcams duty. As I stared at the screen scanning different areas, I felt a hand on my back.

"Hey, you're okay?" Brody asked

"Babe, I already told you, it's fine." I replied

"I'm not talking about 'it'. I'm talking about you." He clarified

"Well, I've been presumed lying by my team who are also my friends. But I think it's chill now. Besides, we have something more important to focus on, so." I said looking at him now

He sighed, "What do you say we have a little getaway, you know after all this?"

I smiled, "sure."
He smiled back before giving me a kiss and returning to the screen he used to scan some areas in the city.

A while later Preston called out, "Hey guys, that's probably him."

We gathered around the screen which showed what the security cameras in that area was recording.

"Yeah... We should get going." Levi said

I nodded as I walked away from the screen and towards the base exit, "let's go."

______________________________________

We wasted no time and morphed the moment we arrived at the spot the monster was in.

Seeing us, he removed his disguise and showed the true form. The very first one I saw in the janitor's closet before morphing into 'Caleb'. A dozen of basherbots gathered around him.

We charged at them first and the fight began. I blasted a couple with my blaster and swiftly switched to my sword slashing one. It went smoothly and we finished the basherbots in no time. We joined Brody who was busy fighting off the monster. Since it was 7 against one and that one wasn't really that strong, we exhausted him pretty well.

"Wanna do the honors?" Levi turned to me and I gave him a nod, smiling under my helmet.

Brody handed me the ultra-blaster and I aimed it at the monster in front of me. "Next time any of you wanna mess with me and my friends, think again!" I said and wasted no time in sending him a powerful blast finishing him.

Minutes passed and there was no sign of having a gigantic monster so we demorphed and went back to the base.

"Look, you guys, seriously it's okay. What matters now is that we destroyed him." I told them once they started to apologize again and hugged them all.

Then Brody and I said we'll see them later and went out.

"Now, where are we going exactly?" I asked, linking my arm with his.

"You'll see." He said, smiling.

"Okay, Mr. Mystery." I smiled back, letting him lead the way.

___________________________________
I'm back! I hope this not short chapter makes up for my absence. But again, i want to assure you I'm always working on the chapters. I know I'm slow but it's better than fast and no good chapter.

I can't believe we're already on chapter 21. I'm planning to end the story at 30 chapters. But then again... No one knows what the future holds.

See you next chapter,
Mecky