8

- Continuing in same time of previous chapter-

I dialed Preston's number. After the third ring, he picked up.

"Hey Gemma, everything alright?"

"Yeah.. yeah, everything's fine. Actually, I'll be heading home for now." I said

"What, why?" He exclaimed

"Nothing in particular, though, I just wanna.... you know... chill and catch some sleep." I said

"Well,... uh.. ok, if that's what you want." He said and then all of a sudden, Sarah was on the phone

"Hey, hey, at least chill here with us and have a smoothie." She said

"Nah, I'm good. I'll see you guys later." I said and hung up before anyone could say anything else

I sighed and headed home.
I went into my room and threw myself on my bed. I got a text. I groaned and decided not to see it. My phone continued buzzing for a whole minute solid. I put my phone on silent mode and sank into my thoughts.
Maybe that unknown number is right, I don't really deserve to be friends with them; they're too cool for me. What if I had to turn into my old character? Would it have the same effect as it was transferring? What would people think?

The next day, in class. Principal Hastings talking and preparing for the camping trip. I wasn't really paying attention. My mind kept spinning and thinking about those texts.
Then when a shenanigan was caused by Victor and Monty leading them to detention. It was time for yet one more Double Trouble for Brody. The compass which I recall was very special to Principal Hastings was thrown into Brody's backpack. Although it was an accident but she didn't believe him of course. Now he's not tagging along in the camping trip too.

After everybody headed for the bus. The rest of our group stayed behind.

"I'll stay here with you." I said

"No no it's fine." Brody said

"Yes I will. I wanted to stay anyways." I said

He looked at me thoughtfully for a moment and then agreed. "Alright. You guys can go. Have fun."

Then the rest of the group left, leaving just Brody and me. Except for Victor and Monty of course. Sometime later, Victor and Monty escaped.
I got another text,

Here's the final deal. You break-up with both the rest of those guys and Brody (don't end up just friends either). And I won't spread your past secret. Do your part or else....

I fight back tears. What am I going to do? In both situations Brody and I won't end up so good. If he knew my secret.... he'll... oh my god.
I feel a hand on my shoulder.

"Everything's fine?" Brody asked

"Um.. y_yeah." My eyes are ready to give up but I won't let them

"Hey hey. You can talk to me. You know that." He said

I search his eyes and then look away .

"Is it why you wasn't up for the camping trip?" He asked

God! I'm so bad at pretending nothing's going on.

I close my eyes for a brief moment and open them. I slowly nod. He pulled me into him and I almost melted into his light embrace. I rested my head on his chest and sighed deeply.

"Somebody's blackmailing me." The words were out of my mouth before I could stop them.

"What? What did they say!?" He asked

I showed him the texts.

"Past secret?" He asked looking at me

That's it. That's all I needed. My eyes gave up and I started to cry. Hard then harder then even harder.

"Whoa whoa it's fine. I'm here." Brody said and embraced me tight
I cried like that for what seemed about five minutes. When I calmed down, I decided to tell Brody my secret.

"Since middle school until a year before I moved here, I was the baddest and darkest girl at school. I wore dark clothes, dark make up and didn't speak to anyone except my friends you know. Nobody else except them even dared speak to me. I wasn't a bully but I didn't really use kind words and sometimes I was a little too honest.
But the year before I moved, a close friend of mine and Janet's died in an accident. It was unbearable. But I saw kindness from everyone. Janet helped me change to who I am now and moving here helped. If the guys knew about that, they... They would.... oh my god... They would think I lied to them!" I burst into tears again after I finished.

"It's okay. They would understand. I'll never leave you. I'm here with you okay? That number, they could go screw themselves. No one will keep us apart. We're together and it's all that matters." He said and hugged me. I hugged back tighter.

After we pulled apart, he looked into my eyes and said the words I live for from him, "I love you, Gemma."

"I love you too." I said and then leaned in and he did the same.
We kissed passionately smiling in between.

_______________________

Aaaaaaand I'm so so so so so so so so so so so so so SORRY guys. For both making you wait so long and for the short chapter.
I've been extremely busy but I'm willing to make it up to you. There will be more scenes with Gemma and Brody like this and more drama and actions and the fight scenes will be better and chapters will be long and beautiful.

But now I would like to make you choose between 2 things:

1- I could stick to short and filler chapters regularly each week until the amount of my busy studying schedule clears.

Or 2- You could be patient with me and I can make long good chapters without skipping but it would take more than a week.

Comment your choice please. I can promise to please you all if you did.
The choice with more votes will keep going with us until I'm not that busy anymore.

Till meet again (I promise),
Mecky210