Chapter 16: A Solution

Male Narrator:
Three days passed since the Charming saga. Daring moved in with Scott and his family, who's happy to have him at their house after Daring's father kicked him out.

Female Narrator:
Daring is spending as much as time he can with Scott before his hundred-year sleep. They have a plan to alter Scott's sleeping curse so he won't have to sleep for a hundred years, but only for a day and then he will wake up.

Brooke:
Now, Daring and Scott are in Hocus Latte Café with their friends, Ashlynn, Hunter, Blake, Cole and Cerise.

"So what are you guys gonna do?" Cole asked. "I mean, Daring Scott's destiny is starting in three weeks."

"Don't you think I know that?!" Daring snapped, burying his face in his paws, frustrated.

"Sweetie, it's OK. Raven will help us," Scott comforted him, looking up at him and resting on his chest, while playing with his snow white, fluffy fur, which puts Daring at ease.

"Wait a spell, Scott. Are you sitting on Daring's lap?" Cerise said.

"Cerise, Scott is gonna sleep for a hundred years in three weeks. I want to spend every second with him," Daring told her while holding Scott close to him.

"Well, if I was you two, I'll go find Raven right now." answered Blake.

"I agree with Blake," Ashlynn said.

"Me too," added Hunter.

"OK, guys. Come on, Scott. Let's go find Raven." Daring picked Scott up from his lap and placed him on the ground, taking his hand in his large paw.

"Spell ya later, guys!" Scott called after his friends as he and Daring left the café.

"Good luck!" called Ashlynn.

"OK, what do you need my help with?" Raven asked as they walked up the stairs to her room

Daring and Scott had arrived at Raven's castle and asked her help to alter Scott's sleeping curse.

"Whoa, that will be difficult. That's the work of the Dark Fairy. But I'll see what I can do."

They entered Raven's bedroom, which was a typical goth's room. Dark purple walls, black chandelier hanging from the silver roof and black furniture.

Raven went to her bookshelf which contains her spellbooks and all sorts of things.

"No, no, not this one, nope," Raven went through her shelf, looking for the right book about curses and how to uncurse or alter them.

"Ah! Here it is!" Raven pulled out a large, grey, old, tattered book with chains on it.

"What's that?" Scott asked, looking at the book in Raven's hands.

"Famous Fairytale Curses," Raven said, blowing dust off the old book.

"Does it say something about Scott's curse?" Daring said hopefully.

Raven put the book on her bed, opening it and scrolling through the pages, looking for Scott and Briar's curse, with Scott and Daring at her sides.

"Here it is!" Raven points to the page reading, "The Sleeping Beauty's Curse."

"Well?" Daring said impatiently.

"Don't get your fur in a knot," Raven snapped. "It says that the curse can be broken with True Love's Kiss. It means that Daring will break your curse, Scott."

"So when I prick my finger and if Daring kisses me right there, I will wake up?" Scott said carefully.

"I don't know, maybe, maybe not. He may wake you, but on the other hand, he might not."

"WHAT!" Daring cried.

"It says that the Dark Fairy cursed Sleeping Beauty to sleep for a hundred years. So Daring might not wake you up, even if he is your true love."

Daring's face sunk, utterly losing all hope.

Daring's POV
This is it. I'll lose Scott forever if I do kiss him if it doesn't work. I can't. I just can't. My inner animal can't, WON'T take it.

"But what if Scott decided to become a Rebel? That will change everything!"

"I'm sorry, that won't work. Since Sleeping Beauty gave birth to twins, the Dark Fairy cursed them that either one who chose to follow their destiny and their choice remains the same until their sixteenth year, they are cursed to still follow it."

"What about Briar?" Scott asked, fearing that Briar will also be affected.

"Wait, here's another page. It says that whether twin decides to take the role when the other one doesn't want to, he or she are cursed to follow it. Briar became a Rebel in her fifteenth year. Scott decided to take the Sleeping Beauty role in his sixteenth year. So, if Scott became a Rebel, he will still prick his finger."

"So, I'll lose Scott forever, even if he becomes a Rebel?" Daring said, tears beginning to form in his eyes.

"I'm afraid so. I'm sorry. I'm still sorry for cursing you, Daring, Raven said.

"It's OK, Raven. I kinda like my beast form. So no way to break it?"

Raven flipped through the pages, looking for the Beast's Curse, but she can't find it.

"I can't find it. This book is really old and there is a lot of pages missing. Sorry, Daring."

"It's OK. Scott and I are going. See ya, Raven," Daring said.

"Bye, Raven. Thank you for helping us." Scott gives Raven a hug.

"Bye, guys. Have a great day. I'm really sorry."

With that, Daring and Scott left her room, said goodbye to Raven's father, the Good King and left their castle.

"What are we going to do?" Daring said.

"I honestly don't know, Daring. I can't choose to not follow my destiny. I'm cursed to follow it."

Daring pulls Scott into a embrace, wrapping his muscular furry arms around his love's small, feminine figure. Scott wraps his arms around Daring's fluffy neck, crying softly.

Not one of them knows what to do anymore. But one thing is for certain. Daring might (or not) lose Scott forever after.