32

Later that day. Everyone is at the after party. Regina was sat drinking a glass of wine. Everyone was dancing and talking to each other. Regina just watched. She saw her kids dancing with there boy/girlfriends. Emma came over and sat squats down in front of Regina.

"Why so glum" Emma asked.

"What do you mean" Regina replied.

"Usually your up dancing with me. Why aren't you"

"I don't know. Just a bit tired" she shrugged.

Emma smiled and stood up straight. She rubbed Regina's shoulder before going to the DJ. She requested a song before walking back to Regina. The song played. It was shout out to my ex. The first song they danced to when they went to Demi's for the first time. Regina smiled and started laughing. Emma went over and held her hand out.

"Will you dance now" Emma asked.

Regina smiled and took Emma's hand. She stood up and they went to the dance floor. The girls dance as if it was years earlier. Ruby noticed and frowned. She walked over as the song came to an end.

"Come on baby. Come dance with me" ruby says slipping her arms around Emma's neck.

"Alright. Gina you coming" Emma asked.

"I'm going to find jasmine and make sure she's not drinking" Regina replied with a chuckle.

"Alright I'll see you in a bit" Emma smiled. Regina walked off to find jasmine. Emma looked at ruby who was holding herself close. "Shall we my wife" Emma smirked.

The night got later and everyone drunk more. Regina wasn't drunk and stayed sat down watching everyone. Chris was sat next to her now talking to her. He then went to get a drink quickly. Emma then wondered over.

"Hey. You know you can leave whenever you want right" Emma says sitting on a chair next to Regina.

"Yeah. No I'm fine. Just a bit tired. How you feelings Mrs swan"

"Good thanks. I still can't slow dance though" Emma sighed.

"As someone who use to dance with you I know. Do you want me to try teaching you" Regina asked with a laugh.

"You'd be my life saver. Can we quickly do it now before the song comes on" Emma asked quickly.

Regina laughed and stood up. Her and Emma walked out the main hall and in the corridor.

"Alright. One hand on my right hip and then other in my hand" Regina says holding her hand to the side. Emma nods and did as she said. Regina put her other hand on Emma's shoulder. "Good. Now the steps. We can do simple. Left foot back then right. Then go left. Then forward. Then to the right" Regina explains slowly.

"Alright got it" Emma nods.

"Alright ready? Go" Regina says before starting. "Left back. Right back" she says as they do the steps. They got into a rhythm and Emma was impressed she could do it. "Good. So that's one of them you can try. Another is a lot simpler"

"Why didn't we start with that one"

"Because you wouldn't have tried this one" Regina laughed. Emma rolled her eyes with a chuckle. "Alright put your hands on my hips" Emma nods and does as she's told. She stepped forward and held Regina's hips. "Alright good. Now I'll put my arms around your neck. We are going to sway to the left while taking a step with the right. Try making a square with your feet movement" Regina explains.

Emma nods and starts to sway. They moved around the hall keeping each other close. Regina had her head balancing on Emma's shoulder.

"Is this right"

"Yeah. It's good" Regina smiled.

"What is with you? The whole party you've been quite. Usually your the party" Emma asked with a slight giggle at the end.

"Yeah I'm fine. Just not really in the party mood" Regina shrugged.

"You promise your ok"

"Yeah. I've been offered to move my interior decorating company to Florida. I think I might take it" Regina replied.

"Really? Florida. That's so far away" Emma says softly but disappointed.

"Yeah. I'll speak to the kids but it will be nice to live there. Very hot there so it will be nice. I think I am going to do it" Regina says with her eyes now closed.

"I'll miss you if you do" Emma sighed.

"I'll miss you too"

"What about your modelling"

"I'll just do it over there. I wasn't sure about going at first but recently I think it will be good"

Regina knew she couldn't stay. She knew it hurt her to much. Taking the job would allow her to start her life again. The girls stopped dancing and moved away a little. They're looking at each other in the eyes. Regina's hands were sweaty and her breathing was heavy. Emma was the exact same.

"I hope you have fun in Florida" Emma says breaking the silence.

"I hope you and ruby live happily" Regina says looking down.

"It's now time for the first dance" they heard the DJ say.

Emma moves away and they looked to the door.

"Better go quick" Regina says softly.

Emma smiled and went into the hall. She went to the dance floor and remembered what Regina said about dancing. The brunette walked into the hall were everyone was watching Emma and ruby dance. Emma's heart was chipping away. She couldn't believe Regina was leaving. Even though she knew the love Regina use to have for her was gone she couldn't believe she won't see her. Regina watched from the back. Her eyes teared up. She couldn't bare the fact her one chance at love was gone. She looked down and held her hand over her heart.

"I love you" Regina whispered.

Emma looked down at the ground while dancing.

"I love you" she whispered.