eleven

"I told you I'm sor - ow!" Yanchen exclaimed. His wounds were being treated by Peiyao since Mingzhu was too mad to even touch him.

As soon as Peiyao finished, he motioned to Ruibin to exit the clinic and leave the two.

Yanchen stood up and moved over to his girlfriend, "Mingzhu..."

"Don't talk to me."

"Baby, come on. I'm sorry, I was just -"

"What happened to letting me deal with it?" Mingzhu exclaimed making Yanchen back away. "I told you not to do anything stupid in public and what did you do?!"

"Look, I just wanted to help out. You've been stressed out lately," Yanchen explained.

Mingzhu sighed sitting on the bed and eyed Yanchen, "I'll deal with Yanyu on my own. Understand?"

Yanchen slowly nods, sitting beside her, "So, does it mean we're okay now?"

"Maybe. Just get back to class. You still have an exam," Mingzhu stood up as she kissed Yanchen's cheek and went out of the clinic.

The boy scratched his head and decided to call Kaihao.

.·:*¨¨*:·. .·:*¨¨*:·.

"Ge, it wasn't my intention to hurt him in the first place," Yanchen explains. It was 7pm and he decided to have dinner with Kaihao.

"But you still did," Kaihao utters, taking a sip from his drink. "You know, I might not like how Bangbang acts towards Yanyu, but he was there for her - when I wasn't."

"Yeah, but I was just defending Mingzhu -!"

"Don't you mean yourself? Come on, Yanchen. I know it. The boys know it, too. Why are you still in-denial?"

Yanchen tapped his fingers on the table as he avoided Kaihao's gaze, "It was just one night."

"That one night could've been the reason of Mingzhu leaving you," The older boy adds. "And to think you did that without knowing the real story."

"Ge, I wasn't there. I was right here. Alone and depressed. I needed to let off some steam."

"Still not a valid reason. You knew about Mingzhu visiting me abroad. We were supposed to plan a surprise for Yanyu."

Yanchen bit his lip, trying to remember where it began.

"Where are you? Why can't I hear anything?" Yanchen asked through the phone. Mingzhu had gone alone to visit Kaihao since Yanchen still had a presentation he needed to perform.

"Kaihao-ge's practicing for his show. The music is too loud in here. Hold on!" Mingzhu screamed as she walked out of the room. "I'm good now. Is everything okay there?"

Yanchen frowned, "When are you coming home? You said you'd only stay for 3 days."

"I know - I'm sorry. He really needs the help right now. He looks so lost -"

"Are you sure you're not staying there because you're attached too him?" Yanchen asked, sounding a bit annoyed.

Mingzhu furrowed her eyebrows, "What? What are you talking about? Wait - are you drunk? Wait? Why the hell are you drinking?! You don't drink!"

"I can do whatever I want, Qin Mingzhu," Yanchen hiccuped. "Just stay there. Stay as long as you like!" He ended the call and continued drinking with Xingjie and Yanlei.

"You fought that day, didn't you?" Kaihao asked, cutting Yanchen's imagination. "Yanyu and I did as well. One of her friends saw Mingzhu and I walking home together and Yanyu thought I was cheating on her."

Yanchen nods, "I heard the same thing from Yanyu, except in that story you two made out. Gross."

"But we didn't. And we never did, Yanchen. Yanyu flew from China just to confirm the story. And it was also a bad timing because I was in the shower. Mingzhu opened the door since she came early to bid farewell." Kaihao continues, "But we never did anything. Yanyu thought wrong."

"Mingzhu told me everything, too." Yanchen says, trying to remember how much his girlfriend cried that day telling him that he was the only one she loves, "But can I ask you something, ge?"

"What is it?"

"Do you still love Yanyu? Despite what she said to you that day? Despite everything she did?"

Kaihao looked at the ring on his finger. It was a couple ring he got for the both of them before he left. Yanyu was special to him. He was the first girl he ever loved so truly. He looked at Yanchen and smiled, "I still do."