epilogue

AUTHOR'S NOTE

final chap for back to you. prepare your heart and tears, ig? but don't worry, the story will continue in my next book, Always You centered around Ruibin and Lifen. meanwhile....

"Yanyu!" Kaihao exclaimed as he pulled Yanyu in an embrace. "Never leave my side again please,"

The police had captured Lanzhi for carrying an unlicensed gun. They were now trying to contact her parents.

Bangbang smiled at the crew who were present and patted Kaihao's back.

Yanyu let go of Kaihao and wiped her tears. "Bangbang saved me."

Kaihao brushed his thumb across her cheeks, "I know. He called me first, telling me to stay put and that he'll bring you here."

"I'm sorry, Kaihao. For everything. I know I've apologized a thousand times and I'm not stopping until -"

Yanyu's words were cut off when Kaihao connected their lips together. It has been so long ever since the two shared a kiss and Yanyu instantly felt like she was home.

They broke apart as Kaihao put their foreheads together, "I love you, Yanyu. And letting you go was the biggest mistake of my life. I'm sorry."

The girl smiled, wiping a tear that has fell from his eye, "I love you too, Kaihao."

Peiyao coughed behind them, distubing their moment. Yanyu's head perched up and she spotted Jeffrey and Peiyao, "Where are the others?"

Jeffrey bit his lip before answering, "In the hospital. Xingjie got shot."

.·:*¨¨*:·. .·:*¨¨*:·.

"How is he doc?" Chunhua asks as Shuzhen wraps an arm around her cousin.

The doctor took off his mask, "We already took the bullet out and treated the wound. But he needs to wear a cast for his arm."

Chunhua sighed in relief and hugged Shuzhen.

Mingzhu smiled and looked at Yanchen who was a bit distracted, "Hey, Xingjie's going to be fine."

Yanchen knew Xingjie would not take on huge damage. What he was worried about was how to tell Mingzhu the truth about that one night.

"Mingzhu," He utters, gaining their friends' attentions. "Can we talk?"

Shuzhen walked towards the couple since Chunhua, Yankai and Xiao Gui went in the room to check up on Xingjie.

Everyone was listening to them.

Mingzhu nods, "Okay...? But we can do it somewhere private -"

"No. I need to tell you this, right here, right now. In front of everyone. It's the only way I can truly admit to my mistake."

Mingzhu was getting kind of nervous, "Yanchen, I don't know what you're talking about -"

"It's about Lifen," Yanchen looked at Ruibin first before speaking again. "And me."

Shuzhen looked at the rest of the crew and motioned to Yanchen, "You shouldn't do it here,"

Yanchen eyed Mingzhu who was still shocked at the sudden confession, "I need to. Or else I'll regret it for the rest of my life."

Mingzhu's heart started to beat faster as she looked at Shuzhen, "Y-you know something?"

Shuzhen was about to speak when Yanchen interject, "Don't be mad at Shuzhen, Mingzhu. Look at me."

"How can I?!" Mingzhu's started to fall, as she looked back at the boy whom she loved the most, "Y-you - I trusted you with my everything and this is how you repay me? By telling the whole gang that something happened between you and Lifen?!"

"Mingzhu..."

"You don't even have the guts to tell this to your own friend," Mingzhu points at Ruibin who was boiling with anger.

"Is that why jiejie left?" Yankai asked, raising his hand.

"That reason was part of it," Shuzhen answered. "Look, Yanchen you already told the crew maybe it's best if you talk to them in private. All of us aren't thinking straight right now -"

The scene was too fast. Shuzhen wasn't even finish with her statement when Ruibin's fist collided with Yanchen's face. He stumbled on the ground, trying to catch his balance.

"Woah, woah, woah," Zimo said pulling Ruibin away from him.

Yanchen touched his bloody lip as Yanlei helped him up, "I deserve that."

"I trusted you! We all did!" Ruibin exclaimed, trying to remove himself from Zimo's hold.

"Ruibin - I know, I'm sorry and -"

"Asshole." Ruibin mutters as he pushed Zimo away. He grabbed Mingzhu's wrist, "Come on,"

"Wait." She pulled back and turned to face Yanchen again. Her eyes were now puffy. She removed her necklace and threw it on the floor, in front of Yanchen. "We're done."

THE END