sixteen

The crew was preparing to leave the cafe after everything was settled. They apologized to Yanyu and she did the same.

"You sure you're going to be okay?" Shuzhen asked, holding Zimo's hand. "We still have Kaihao's ex-girlfriend to worry about,"

"Don't worry, Yanyu! We'll take care of her!" Yanlei says, pointing at himself.

Chunhua chuckled, "You sure you can handle her? I heard she knows karate,"

"So?" Peiyao adds, "Our Lei-zi here knows how to use a knife!"

Yanyu smiled at her friends, "Thanks, guys, but I think I can handle her."

Mingzhu walked towards her, "Are you meeting Kaihao tonight?"

The girl in question shrug, "I'll see what I can do. I don't have the slightest idea where he is."

"He might be down by the river," Xingjie suggests. "He always hangs out there if he wants some time for himself."

"The river it is!" Yanyu cheered and thanked the crew. She hurriedly left the building, leaving Mingzhu the key.

"Hey, we're still not done," Jeffrey says as he motioned to Bangbang who was quietly drinking his coffee.

Mingzhu sighed, "I'll talk to him. You guys can go. I'll be locking up anyway."

"I'll stay with you -"

"No." Mingzhu says, cutting Yanchen off. "Let Ruibin stay. He trusts him."

Yanchen's face fell down as the crew look back and forth to the couple.

Peiyao coughed, clearing the air, "Let's get going then?"

.·:*¨¨*:·. .·:*¨¨*:·.

"What are you doing here?" Kaihao asked, not moving an inch. He never thought that he would be meeting Yanyu here.

"You never visited the cafe," Yanyu pointed out. There was still a distance between them.

"I did. Once."

"When I wasn't working,"

"I was trying to avoid trouble." Kaihao explained. "Plus Bangbang hates me now."

"I'm sorry," The girl says. She was itching to apologize to Kaihao after Mingzhu explained her side. "For everything. I didn't know what I was thinking and -"

Yanyu didn't even finish her sentence when Kaihao pulled her towards his chest and hugged her tight. She wrapped her arms around his waist, trying to remember the familiar feeling.

"You don't have to apologize," Kaihao whispers.

Yanyu hugged him tight, tears already falling, "I miss you."

Kaihao smiled, as he kissed her forehead, "I miss you too."

As the couple continued having their moment, there was one person who was not liking the situation. The girl looked at Yanyu and Kaihao from a distance as she tries to control her anger.

"You're dead, Huang Yanyu."