chapter 6

Boruto's pov 

I looked at the strange bunch especially the arguing Sarato and Atsumi. They remind me of how I was with Sarada  back when we were 12. They were arguing back and forth which made me chuckle at their insults to each other.

"Dobe!!" "Teme!!" "Dumbass!!" "Bastard!!" "Stupid retard!!" "Purple haired dork!!" "Black haired Baka!!" "Purple barney!!" were the insults being thrown at each other. I sighed when Sarada stopped the two and we finally got to eat ramen. We were in the middle of eating when Sarato suddenly popped a question. 

"So ma, when are you and dad planning to have more children?" he asked. Sarada stopped eating and looked at our son but I dropped my chopsticks in shock of the question. I went down to pick it up and when I got back up Sarato had a sad expression.

"Sarato, what's wrong?" I asked and he turned to me, "It's nothing, dad..." he answered masking his disappointment with same smile I have whenever I'm sad. " *sigh* I guess we have to leave. Come on you two" Sarada sighed and we left Ichiraku.

We arrived home and Sarato immediately put his boots away, "I'm gonna go sleep mom, dad. I have a mission early in the morning" he excused himself upstairs to his room and I went with Sarada to our room. She sighed as she closed the door, she sat against the door with her head bowed down.

"What happened out there?" I asked and she looked at me in confusion, "What do you mean?" she asked as soon as her back was slumped against the door. "What I mean is, what happened to you? You don't normally act like that, even after 12 years I know you don't do that...." I stated and she looked at me with her eyes looking like they would jerk out tears.

She blinked and suddenly let some of the secreted tears out, "I- he wanted a little brother or sister for a long time now but....." She paused and stared directly into my eyes. "But what?" I asked and scooted beside her and she smiled sadly at me. "You weren't here" she said and plopped her head in her arms that were around her knees. "What do you mean, Sara?" 

"Sarato wanted a sister a long long time ago but you weren't here. You were out on a world expedition on your own to protect the village so I had to explain that to him at a very young age. Then today he thought he could finally get a yes but. . . . . .no he didn't. I guess I could never give him hope that we would give him a sibling since you don't and can't guarantee that you won't leave on another world expedition.." Sarada stated. "Sara-" I started, "Come on it's already night we have to sleep, we got work tomorrow. I'll see you in the morning, Bolt...." Sarada said and we went to bed.

I went to sleep with sad thoughts, "Damn, it's all my fault now.." I mumbled when I woke up.