Epilogue

3rd person pov, 5 years later.

"Oi, Kaori! Come back here!" Sarato yelled and chased after his little sister. The 17 year old was supposed to watch the the blonde 5 year old.

"Onii-chan, catch me if you can!!" Kaori said to her older brother and ran away from him. "Why did I ever ask mom and dad for a little sister?" Sarato muttered to himself.

He walks slowly to relax himself and then realised that he doesn't hear any of Kaori's loud laughter. "Shit! Kaori where the heck are you?!" he screamed and began looking for his little sister.

"Kaori! Kaori! C'mon, come out now! I swear to God mom's literally gonna kill me if I lose sight of you!" he continues to look for Kaori frantically.

Over to Kaori's side,

The little blonde sat in a big field of flowers. She is playing with the daisies, daffodils, lavanders and baby's breaths. She's planning to braid a beautiful and colourful flower crown with the flowers in the meadow.

She found the meadow with Atsumi, who showed her the the beauty of the flower field. Kaori immediately fell in love with the many varieties of flowers.

All while she was in the middle of braiding the flowers into flowers crowns, she heard a very familiar voice from the other side of the meadow.

The voice of her brother's girlfriend, Atsumi.

"Water release: Water spirit wave!" Atsumi delivers a water jutsu and Kaori just watches in awe of the young lady. "Atsumi-nee!!" Kaori ran to the purple haired kunoichi.

"Huh? Hey Kaori-chan!" Atsumi hugged the little girl that was hugging her her leg. "Why are you here all alone? Where's Sarato?" Atsumi asked her.

"Oh onii-chan..... Well he's-" "Kaori! You back here you little brat!" Sarato yelled and ran to his little sister and girlfriend, who was still hugging his sister.

"Oh Atsumi thanks for-" Atsumi cuts him off by smacking his head. "You idiot! How could you leave your little sister all alone?! BAKA JANAI!" Atsumi screamed at him.

"Itai! That really hurt babe!" Sarato said and rubbed the back of his head in pain. "Well you should have watched you sister properly! You're so lucky to get a sibling but guess what?! You don't bother watching her!" they were then cut off by a giggle.

They looked to where it came from but Kaori was no longer there. "Shit! Shit! Shit! Shit! What do we do now?! She's gone!" the couple shouted in unison.

"This is bad! Mom is definitely gonna fucking kill me!" Sarato cursed. "Damn right she will! We just lost your little sister!" Atsumi panicked.

Then Sarato's phone rings, "Oh crap! It's mom! Uh uh! What the hell do I do babe?!" Sarato turned pale from the call he was receiving from his mother.

"Uh hey mom! W-what's up?" he asked in a very panicked way. "Well I was wondering how baby sitting was doing. How's your little sister?" Sarada asked him.

"Oh Kaori? Kaori well.. Kaori eh? W-wh-hat-what about Kaori, mama?" Sarato stuttered nervously. "I just wanted to know if she's alright. Well is she?" Sarada asked.

"Oh yeah. About that mom, there's this slight problem with that..... Yeah so please don't get mad." Sarato answered and Sarada glared at her phone. 'Oh you're in really big trouble, Sarato.'

"Depends on the 'slight problem' you're talking about." Sarato and Atsumi could hear Sarada clenching her teeth in the background. Sarato quickly mouthed at Atsumi, 'The hell do I do now? Mom's gonna beat my ass for losing Kaori.' Atsumi simply shrugged at him.

"Well mom remember when you said that you would have my head if I don't watch Kaori properly..... Well hehe, I kinda lost her." Sarato explained and he heard his mother taking very deep breaths from the other line. "Sarato listen to me carefully," Sarada said with a menacing voice that made Sarato gulp.

"For God's sake go find your sister." Sarada said with the coldest voice she could ever muster. "Y-ye-yeah, su-sure mom. I'll fi-find Kaori." He stutters while Sarada hanged up.

Sarato turns to Atsumi with a really pale face. "What am I supposed to do now? She's gonna kill me." Sarato said. Atsumi facepalmed at him, "Summon many shadow clones and let's go out and find Kaori-chan." Sarato smiled and summoned about 30 of his shadow clones and the two went out and about to find Uzumaki Kaori.

Meanwhile at Kaori side-

The little girl ran around the old training ground in hope to find a certain person. She giggled when she saw the familiar blonde hair in the distance. She knew where to find him, it was easy to look for him, in this hour he would most likely be in the team 7 training grounds.

She ran towards the blonde haired, black wearing figure all while yelling, "Papa!!" Kaori ran to her father who was apparently practicing many jutsus. Boruto turned his head to the source of the call and looked to see his little Kaori.

He opened his arms and his little girl came running into his arms. "I looking for you everywhere, papa. I thought you were gone." Boruto chuckled at her imagination. "I'm not going anywhere. I'm staying, I just train and sometimes run errands for your mother, don't worry about me going away." Boruto said and Kaori giggled and nodded at her father.

"So why are you here? Any particular reason why you were looking for me?" Boruto asked and Kaori nodded with a goofy smile.

"I wanted you to tell me the story of Their Dark Secret. I heard from the other villagers about it and I heard 8t too when we went to the other villages with Mama. I asked about it and they laughed at me and they said to ask any of my parents about it. I don't wanna ask mama about it since she's very busy, but please tell me the story of Their Dark Secret papa!"

"Alright, alright. I'll tell you, your brother knows about this but I'm going to start at Our Little Secret." And with that Boruto told a story.

A story of darkness.

A series of laughter.

A book of darkness.

A book with messages of light and encouragement.

A series of many battles.

Some days with brutality.

Some days with kindness.

The book of secrets,

The story of their love,

Their Dark Secret.