Five

Peter lay in a heap on the flood, his hand pressed to his right cheek, Steve crouched over him. Tony slowly moved forward.

"What happened?" He asked slowly, not caring about the mess he had made.

Peter carefully pulls himself up into a sitting position. "He hit me. That's what."

Tony's blood ran cold. "Excuse me?!?" He rounded on Steve. "You hit him?" His voice was dangerous, despite being normal volume.

Steve stands gracefully. "He shouldn't have talked back. He knows better than to disrespect his elders."

Tony puts his hands in the middle of Steve's chest, pushing him back. "What the hell is wrong with you Steven Grant Rogers?"

"Excuse me?" Steve pushed back.

"I don't care how you treat me. Hell, you could beat me to death. But. You Do. Not. Put. Your. Hands. On. My. Son." He punctuated each word with a shall shove. "He is a child." His voice cracked. "Our child."

Steve's eyes narrowed and then he snapped.

"Do you want to know why I slapped him?" He sneered. "He saw me fucking James Barnes."

Tony's blood ran cold and he staggered back a little. James Barnes. He hadn't heard that name in years. That was the name that started this.

"He was going to tattle." Steve continues. "You know how I feel about tattle tails."

"How long?" Tony asked slowly. He wasn't sure he wanted to know the answer but needed to know.

"Hm?"

"How. Long?" He demands. "How long?!?" He yells.

"Dad don't-" Peter speaks up.

"No, I need to know." Tony doesn't look at him. He was afraid if he looked at Peter, he'd break down.

"The whole time."

"The who-the whole time?"

"Well you weren't exactly putting out and I got bored."

"I wasn't putting out because you beat the shit out of me!" As soon as the words flew from his mouth, he regretted it. He felt his heart stop for a moment before hammering like crazy.

"Is that how you feel?" Steve asked, raising his eyebrow, his voice deadly calm.

"I-I-I-I-n-no. Of course not. It was said in anger. I didn't mean it. Please...." Tony shrank back, and even Peter gasped.

Steve stands to his full height, which was terrifying even though he was only an inch taller than Tony himself. But he was much bigger.

"You want to know what it feels like to have the shit beat out of you?" He asked, grabbing on to Tony's shoulder tightly.

"No. Steve-" Tony whimpers, trying to move away.

"I'll give you something to whimper about." He growls, slamming his fist right into Tony's face. There was a clear crack of bone and Tony gave a cry of pain. He brings his hands up to the one holding his shoulder, trying to get free.

"Steve-" He begged. He was vaguely aware of Peter getting up and coming closer. "Peter no-"

"Let him go!" Peter yells as Steve lands another punch, on the side of Tony's face this time. Steve brings his arm back, knocking Peter back towards the coffee table.

Tony wasn't sure what happened after that because there was a blow to his arm, sending pain throughout his whole body. He blacked out soon after, grateful for the relief of darkness.