Six

I felt bad for the sadness, so here's a feel good chapter

Tony looks around Stephen's living room. It was homey. Peter had darted past him to scope out a room with high enough ceilings that he could practice his color guard routines.

"Peter-" Tony calls, but Stephen puts a gentle hand on his not broken arm.

"He's fine. I don't mind." Stephen swept past him. "I'm afraid I only have one guest room, so one of you can sleep in my bed until we get this figured out."

"No."

"No?" Stephen turned back towards him. "You Don't have to just stand there. Come in come in."

"Stephen, I'm not going to put you out of your bed. It's not fair. I'll sleep on the couch."

"You can't sleep on the couch with a broken arm Tony."

"Stephen-"

"Both of you stop. I'll sleep on the couch." Peter says, leaning against the doorframe of the kitchen.

Tony opens his mouth to argue but Peter beat him to it. "Dad you're hurt. It won't kill me to sleep on the couch. Plus I won't have to disturb either of you when I get up for school."

Tony sighs, knowing arguing was pointless. "Okay. Okay fine." He runs his free hand through his hair. "I can pay rent if you like. I have the money. Rent or bills or food or-or-"

"Tony." Stephen puts a hand back on Tony's arm. "Breathe. I don't need your money. We can work something out, later."

Tony jumps a little and Stephen removes his hand.

"What are we feeling for dinner?"

Tony perks up a little. "I could cook." He suggests.

"Tacos?" Peter asked brightly.

Tony licks his lips slowly and looks over at Stephen. The doctor stared at him and Tony holds his breath.

"Tacos sound great." Stephen nodded. Tony exhales softly as Stephen counties. "But I don't have any taco shells so we'll have to go to the store."

"So is that a yes?" Peter asked, walking about into the room and moving closer to Tony.

"Yes. Let me get my coat..." Stephen trails off as he leaves the room before coming back with a red jacket. "There's one brand of shells that is the absolute best taste wise and they don't fall apart."

"Old El Paso?" Peter asks. That is what May used.

"Old El Paso." Stephen confirms. "Ready?"

Tony nods and steps aside, letting Stephen past before following. The nearest supermarket was a five minute drive, which was filled with Peter chattering about his science homework. He half expected Stephen to tell him to be quiet but that didn't happen. Stephen just answered the medical questions ask and made small talk. Tony found himself relaxing a little, but still on edge. He kept looking out the window, half expecting Steve to be there to take him home.