Ten

Monday morning brought the first meeting of working toward the divorce. Tony dreaded seeing Steve again. He wasn’t sure what to expect or how Steve would react. He was a bit afraid to get cornered by Steve. It was unlikely but still very possible.

“If you want, I can go with you.” Stephen offers. He even offered to call in but Tony wouldn’t allow that.

“No, you have to work.Stephen. Those people need you more than I do. I can handle this and if not, Nat will break his dick off and feed it to him.” Tony says bluntly, fixing the cuff of his jacket and looking up.

Stephen laughs a little. “I’m sure she will. She’s a bit terrifying and by that I mean very.”

“She’s really not. Unless your name is Steve Rogers.”

Tony notices that Stephen’s expression hardens at the mention of Steve’s name.

“Stephen, I’ll be fine. Natasha will be there and Pepper will be out in lobby. I’ll be protected.” He says, putting his good hand on Stephen’s arm gently. “You have lives to save, remember? For Crystal.”

Stephen looked like he was going to protest but just nods. “Alright. At least let me know how it goes?”

“Of course. And then I’ll pick up the kids for tonight?”

“I’ll meet you there.” Stephen replies with a smile.

“I can’t wait.”

“I’ll see you later.”

Tony waves before grabbing his coffee and heading out to the meeting.

Steve was there already and so was Pepper. Tony hugs Pepper and takes a breath before nodding. “I’m ready.” He says.

Natasha opens her office door and sticks her head up. “Tony.” She greets warmly. Then, “Steven.” She says coldly.

“Aw Natasha. Why so harsh?”

“Because I don’t like you.” She says bluntly.
“Wow. Harsh.” Steve laughs, following the other two in. “I want to keep this short and sweet.” He says, sitting down.

“Good. I don’t want to be here longer than I have to.”

“Well I only have one thing to say. I’m not signing.”

Tony nearly passed out with this information. “Excuse me?”

“I said I’m not signing. There is no reason to. I’m happy the way things are. Don’t fix what isn’t broken.”

“You’ve been cheating on me for ten years!”

“Tony-”

“You aren't much better.” Steve sneered. “How long have you been screwing Stephen Strange?”

“I’m not because unlike you I took my fucking vows seriously!” Tony snaps, feeling his heart start to beat faster. His vision started to spot and his breath was ragged.

“Tony?” Natasha’s voice sounded far away. He started to shake.

“Oh here we go again.” He hears Steve say. If he could stand, he would have left. The next thing he knows, his head collided with the cold tile.